56- Truth Be Told

“Insidious.” The television said, ending the horror film.

“That wasn’t so bad, right babe?” Zayn asked Blakely, who was hiding under the covers.

“Pssh, no.” She sarcastically said to him. “Is it time for the bonfire yet?” She asked, hoping it was.

“Just about, it’s 6:48 PM.” Niall told her. “Let’s all get ready now.” Niall stood up, giving me a kiss on the forehead, then leaving with Zayn. Amelia and Layla walked in together, but didn’t say a word.

“How was the movie?” Amelia asked Blakely and I.

“Pretty good, Blakely was surely scared.” I joked with them.

“It’s not a scary movie.” Layla mentioned, trying to act tough. No one responded to her comment, we only continued getting our jackets and hats on for the bonfire.

“Alright, let’s go!” I tried to lighten the mood, but it wasn’t working. We all walked out onto the back patio, where Zayn, Niall, and Harry were sitting down in chairs. Liam was up getting the fire started. “Where’s Louis?” I asked.

“He doesn’t want to come out.” Zayn told me. “You can try and get him out, if you’d like.”

“I’ll go.” Layla surprisingly said, then she ran back inside to where Louis was. After she left, I sat down in between Niall and Harry, then Blakely sat next to Harry, and Zayn next to her. Amelia sat next to Zayn, then Liam sat next to her. Layla came back out with Louis a few moments later and they sat in between Niall and Liam.

“Everyone okay with the seating arrangements?” Niall asked the group, then everyone nodded. “Good, me too.” He looked at me, then pulled me in for a hug.

“Okay, let’s go over the rules once more. No lying, no bagging on someone’s answers, and no making fun of anyone. Also, if someone asks you a question, you must answer truthfully. Keep the questions appropriate. Got it? Good.” Liam explained to us all.

“I’ll go first.” Amelia said, then turned to Harry. “I want to know why you kissed Layla.”

“Well, we were discussing what had happened last night with Louis, and we were both so heated from anger, and we were staring into each others eyes, and it just happened.” Harry explained.

“Who leaned in first?” Amelia added a follow-up.

“I did.” Harry looked down while talking, you could tell he felt ashamed for cheating on Amelia. “Alright, my turn.” He said, then turned towards Layla. “What happened yesterday when you said you loved me?”

“We were in the ice cream parlor, and we all started talking about old crushes and boyfriends/girlfriends. Then I mentioned how I was in love with you from the start, and then Louis got all upset and ran out crying.” Layla explained to him. 

“But it’s obvious Louis was in love with you, so why did you let him go like that?” Harry asked her.

“I didn’t mean to, and I’ve said that many times.” Layla told him. “I’ve got another question for you, Harry.” She paused, “What do you think of me?”

“Well, I don’t hate you, if that’s what you think. I hate what you’ve done to Louis, but I think you’re a wonderful girl. You’re gorgeous, you’re personality is amazing, and--” He was cut off by Amelia.

“What else do you love about her Harry? Why don’t you just tell her you love her, huh?” She blurted out in anger.

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore, it’s my turn to ask a question.” Layla looked up right at me. “I’ve having love troubles, are you Skylar?”