47- One Way or Another

NIALL’S POV

“I can’t believe she did that. Or he did that. Or whoever did that.” I mumbled to myself, but Louis overheard me.

“What happened Ni?” He asked me.

“One of Skylar’s old friends kissed her,” I paused, “on the lips.” I said, louder. “She said she didn’t kiss back though, and that she doesn’t have feelings for him.” I explained to everyone.

“Niall.” Louis came over to me and rubbed my back, but then pulled me into a hug. His hugs are nice, but I need a Skylar hug.

“We should get going, it’s a long while to the girls’ homes.” Liam stated, coming out from the bunk area. We drove for about an hour and a half until we got to Blakely’s house first. Zayn got out and rang her doorbell, waiting for her to answer. After about a minute, she came out in jeans and a nice shirt.

“You look beautiful babe.” He greeted her with a kiss.

We drove up a hill to Amelia’s, where Harry got out this time to ring her doorbell. Amelia came out in a nice tribal print skirt and a black button down shirt. 

“Lookin’ good Mel.“ He greeted her with a kiss as well. Next was Skylar’s house. We drove up her hill and parked up on top of her driveway. I got out with Liam and walked down to ring her doorbell. She came out with a nice cardigan, ruffled top, and jeans. 

“Doesn’t even look like you babe, but you look good.” I told her, and Liam said he liked her top. We drove awhile to get to Layla’s house and Louis got out to ring her doorbell, but she was already waiting outside.

“Hey Lay, I like your dress!” Louis told her. She was wearing a nice blue dress, that in my opinion looked like Bubbles from the Power Puff Girls. When she came inside the bus, Skylar said the same thing. We’re so alike. After a few more minutes on the bus, we arrived at the dinner location. It was a cute little Italian restaurant, hope they have good food!

“Alright, let’s have you guys meet the coaches, then we’ll get you set up backstage so it’ll be a surprise for the team!” Blakely said, guiding us all through the door. We walked up a grand staircase into a nice, open room with plenty of chairs and tables. Inside the room, were four people, who I’m assuming are the coaches.

“Hi, I’m Coach Miller, head coach.” A woman walked up to us, she had her hair up in a clip. “Nice to finally meet you guys.” We all gave her a hug and moved on to the next coach.

“Nice to meet you fellows, my name’s Howie.” He was a bigger man, but very nice, as we all shook hands. “This is my mother, Coach Mitchell.”

“Hi, I’m Coach Campbell.” She was really skinny, with dark curly hair. After meeting all of the coaches, we went into the bathroom to change into our outfits for the performance, while the girls set up the stage. We were dressed in the girls’ team colors, which were red, black, grey, and white.

SKYLAR’S POV

While the boys got dressed, Blakely, Amelia, Layla, Jade and I set up the stage. Jade had come in while the boys were being introduced to the coaches. She makes a slideshow of all the competitions, meets, and practices from that season to end the dinner. “Hey, how’s the slideshow looking this year?” I asked her.

“Pretty good, lot’s of pictures from the tourneys.” Jade said back, trying to angle the projector just right.

“Awesome, can’t wait to watch it!” Layla yelled from behind a table, trying to get the speakers to work.

“And I can’t wait to watch the performance!” Jade said back, shocking all of us.

“W-what performance?” Blakely asked, trying not to know.

“One Direction, silly!” Jade responded. How did she know? I didn’t bother asking because the boys had walked out in their performance outfits. “Hey guys!” 

“Hey Jade, how are you?” Liam said, all happy to see her.

“Pretty good, just setting up the projector, could you help?” She asked Liam, and he walked over to her to help. I put up all the microphones as Amelia set down chairs on the stage. 

“Looks good, babe!” Niall came over to me, and I thanked him. “How can I help?” 

“You guys can go hide, because one of the teammates just said she was here!” Blakely told him, now pushing Zayn behind the curtains. “We’ll call you out, when we need you!”

“How long are we in here for?” Zayn asked her.

“Just about twenty minutes, there’s drinks and food back there for you.” Blakely yelled back.

“For who?” One of the captains walked through the door, just as Blakely was responding to Zayn’s question. 

“No one, don’t worry. You look amazing!” Blakely walked up to her fellow captain and hugged her. After the entire team arrived, which was faster than expected, Coach Miller began the awards ceremony. Only about ten minutes passed when she finished. 

“Blakely, Amelia, Layla, and Skylar all have something to say now, girls?” Our coach called us up, and it was go time. Blakely began speaking first, since she was the captain.

“Thanks coach. We have a surprise for you guys tonight, and hopefully it all goes as planned!” She handed it off to Layla now.

“You all know who they are, and us four have gotten to know them even better.” She stopped and it was my turn to talk.

“Layla and I wrote this one day, while messing around in practice, sorry coach!” I paused, letting the crowd laugh. “Well, since we’ve gotten to them better, they wanted to record this song.” 

“Here’s One Way or Another, the Fencing Parody, by our good friends, One Direction!” Amelia ended it, letting everyone cheer and gather around the stage as the curtains opened up and our boyfriends appeared.

“Hello girls! Thanks so much for having us here.” Liam began to speak as the music started playing.

“One way or another, I’m gonna beatcha

I’m gonna beatcha beatcha beatcha beatcha

One way or another, I’ll get a touch yeah

I’ll get a, a touch yeah, a touch yeah

One way or another, I’m gonna parry

I’m gonna six, I’m gonna four

I’m gonna

One day, maybe next meet

I’m gonna bout, gonna beat, I’ll beat you”

After the song ended, the entire team, parents and coaches, all cheered. The boys had the biggest smiles on their faces, but I don’t think they were bigger than Layla and mine. “Thank you so much!” Niall yelled into the microphone and everyone cheered yet again.

“If you’d like a picture, or just to talk to us, we’ll be hanging out over here.” Harry added. Almost the entire team got up to take pictures, even if they weren’t fans of One Direction. Niall jumped off the stage and walked over by me.

“Babe, that song was awesome, did you hear the feedback from your team?” He hugged me and spun me around. 

“I know, it was amazing.” I told him, and he kissed me on the forehead.

“I’ve got some news to tell you and the girls once everyone else leaves.” He told me. Another surprise?

“Good? Bad?” I begged him to answer, but he just smiled and turned around to walk back over to the stage. After about another twenty minutes of picture taking and conversing with the team, everyone had left. We all sat on the tour bus, talking for a little bit so the boys could tell us the news.