85- Forever and Always

NIALL’S POV

“Doctor, she’s up!” I yelled when Skylar woke up. She has been asleep since having the baby early this morning; it’s evening now.

“Niall?” She leaned up, but then looked as if she immediately regretted it. 

“Skylar, please stay still.” The doctor ordered her and she obeyed. “I’m glad you’re finally up. How are you feeling?”

“How should I be feeling? I don’t know what’s going on.” She answered with a baffled look on her face.

“Skylar you had a baby this morning.” The doctor informed her.

“I did?” She turned to me and I nodded. “Can I see him? Is he okay?”

“He’s premature, but otherwise healthy. He’s not allowed to leave the NICU until tomorrow, but you and Niall can take a stroll later on. I’ll leave you two alone for now.” The doctor left the room, shutting the door behind him.

“I guess my wish came true.” I smiled at my girlfriend. “Do you want to eat? You haven’t eaten in awhile babe.”

“I’m starved. Let’s eat, then can we see him?” Skylar asked me and I nodded, then I helped her out of bed so we could take a stroll to the cafeteria. I picked out burgers for the two of us along with a bottle of water. 

“Ready to go see our baby boy?” I asked my girlfriend, then wheeled her to the NICU. 

“That’s him, isn’t it?” She asked, pointing to the little blue eyed boy in the front row of infants. “He’s so tiny.” She wiped a tear from her eye.

“Please don’t cry. He’s all healthy. Just like you and me.” I smiled, then put my hands on Skylar’s shoulders. “We’ve got the perfect start to a perfect family.”

“Wait, why doesn’t he have a name on his crib?” Skylar noticed.

“Well, you’ve been sleeping and we haven’t talked much about names and I didn’t want to name him without your consent. Any ideas?” I explained.

“I’ve loved the name Killian forever.” She smiled, looking up into my eyes. “Is that okay?”

“It’s absolutely perfect, princess.” I leaned down and hugged my girlfriend. 

“We get to take him home tomorrow, right?” Skylar asked me and I nodded. “Let’s head back to the room and talk.” 

“Sure thing.” I said, then wheeled her back to her hospital room. I helped her into her bed and put some blankets on her because it was getting cold. “So what did you want to talk about?” I asked, sitting myself on the couch.

“Where are we going to live? I know you probably want to move back to Ireland, and I’d love that, but I don’t know if I can leave my mom alone with the twins.” She kept looking around the room. She typically did that whenever we talked about something serious. 

“I will say that I’ve had some ideas about moving back to Mullingar, but if you want to stay here, that’s fine too. I just want you to be happy, and I want Killian to be happy.” I smile, expressing my feelings.

“Well I’ve got family here that can help take care of the twins, and when they’re old enough, they can all come visit.” She paused, letting a smile come out. “I’ve always wanted to live in Ireland anyway.” That brought a smile to my face. 

“I’ve got the perfect place.” I shot a smile in my girlfriend’s direction, then excused myself out of the room. I dialed Louis’ number, then waited for an answer.