37- Reminiscing Madness

I mouthed back, “no.” but the interviewer saw us.

“Is everything alright between you two?” she asked us, causing a scene. I wiped the tear from my eye and nodded, but Niall knew I was lying.

“What’s wrong babe?” he asked me, looking into my eyes. I couldn’t lie to those beautiful eyes. Guess I’ll have to fess up. 

“It’s just that talking about that day reminded me of what came after.” I paused, letting a few more tears fall. The interviewer looked confused so I filled her in, but the rest of the group understood. “The next day, I had gotten into a car accident with my mom, when I was on the way home from Layla’s house.” I paused, allowing another tear. “I had broken my leg, my mom was fine, but my siblings.” I stopped, and wasn’t sure I could continue. 

I stood up, removed the microphone, and walked off stage, wiping tears from my face. When I turned around, I saw Niall struggling to get up because Louis was keeping him down. However, I saw Layla, Amelia, and Blakely coming my way. I didn’t really wish to talk to anyone, ergo me walking off stage. I walked into the dressing room and just broke down.

I saw Layla’s head peak through the slightly opened door, “Skye? Can we come in?” she asked and I nodded my head, wiping the tears. “Are you okay?” She asked, and once again, I nodded. She knew I was lying, am I that bad of a liar? “You don’t have to go back out there if you don’t want to. We can change the subject.”

“No, I started my story, so I’ll go back and finish it.” I managed to say, but I don’t know what I’m getting myself into. The girls all hugged me as we walked back out. As soon as I laid my eyes on Niall he jumped up and hugged me with that big, bear hug that he does. It felt so good just to bury my face in his chest, and no care about anything else happening.

“All better Skylar?” Natalie asked me, and I smiled with a nod. “Great! Are you able to finish from before? If you’re not, that’s perfectly fine.” I told her how I wanted to finish and she let me.

“Well, the day of the tourney, my mom called me saying she was pregnant.” I paused and the crowd clapped. “I thought I was only getting a little sister, but it turned out that my mom was supposed to have triplets.” I paused and Niall pulled me in tight, letting me know he was there for me. “However, after the crash, only two babies made it through.” I paused again, letting a tear fall and the crowd fell silent. “One of the surviving babies, Hazel Marie, was born with a broken arm from the crash, and the other, Cyrus Walker, was perfectly fine.” 

“I’m so sorry Skylar, but I hope your family gets through it well, and I’ll be praying for you guys.” I thanked her and she moved on. “Do any of you other girls have siblings?” That’s when I heard Layla begin to sob. Louis was sitting the closest to the interviewer, so he explained what had happened and she told Layla that she’d pray for her and her family.

“Why don’t we take a little break now?” Harry asked Natalie and she signed us off the air. After the cameras stopped rolling everyone got up and the interviewer began to talk to us again.

“I’m really sorry for bringing everything up, I honestly didn’t know.” She came over to Layla and I. I told her it wasn’t her fault, just bad timing with everything, then she hugged us. After that, she walked off stage to her dressing room.

“Are you girls okay?” Liam came over and asked us. We both nodded and he smiled and walked away. Then, Niall and Louis came over.

“Hey babe, we’re all just going to perform a few songs while you girls sit by Natalie, then we’re heading off to the recording studio.” Louis told Layla, hugging her. Niall came over to me and hugged me, yet again. But hey, I’m not complaining. 

“One Direction on in two!” Paul came by, yelling. So the boys all lined up at the door, ready to go on, except one. “Where’s Harry?” I looked around and didn’t see him anywhere. Paul ran around the dressing rooms and yelled for him. The rest of One Direction was already called up on stage, so they went. After a minute or two, I heard Harry yelling.

“I’m right here, sorry!” Harry came out of the bathroom, now running to catch up. I turned back to the rest of the group, who were getting into position to perform their new song, Live While Were Young, when I heard a massive crash.