244.

Several days have passed since Taylor left for St. Louis. Karlie loved getting home after a long day at work because she looked forward to her daily letter. Taylor has been sending her wife a letter everyday and was sure to leave her signature red lips on the envelope, as she said she would.

Karlie just arrived home after going out to dinner with Behati. She was excited to have the next two days off and couldn't wait to talk to her wife. The model grabbed her phone and placed a call to Taylor.

"Hello?" Taylor answered, with a tearful voice.

"Taylor, what's the matter?"

"I tried to get up the nerve to talk to my mom but I just can't Kar. I'm afraid of what she'll think of me."

"Baby, don't cry. Your mom won't look at you any differently. She loves you so much. I know it's hard but just talk to her."

"I wish I was home with you, Karlie. I can't tell her by myself. I need you with me."

Karlie hated to see Taylor like this. It broke her heart, knowing her wife was in pain and there was nothing she could do about it. It made her feel helpless.

"Baby, listen to me. You don't have to tell her right now. We can wait for you to get back. Just relax and calm down and just talk to me. How was your day?"

"It was ok. I mean, it's been nice being out here but I'm lonely."

"Lonely?"

"I just miss you, that's all. I hate not being with you. My mind is all over the place and you're the only one I want. I just want to feel your arms around me. And I can't come home because my mom planned an agenda. It's been so long since it's just been the two of us, so I'd feel bad if I told her I wanted to leave. I don't want to hurt her feelings."

The two talked for another two hours, just about everything and nothing, until Taylor stated that she was tired and would be going to bed.

"Ok baby, have a good night. Sweet dreams and if you need me, just call me ok?"

"Ok Kar. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye."

Karlie hung up the phone and just sat there staring at her screensaver, which was a picture of her wife. She traced her face with her thumb, knowing that being with Taylor was exactly where she wanted to be right now. She decided to do the unthinkable...arrange an evening flight to St. Louis, that would be leaving in three hours. Once the flight was booked, she packed a few things in a bookbag, not needing much since her closet at the house was already full.

Oh my God, what am I about to do? How am I going to get on the plane?- she thought to herself.

She then looked at a framed picture of her and Taylor that was on the wall and realized why it was important to face her fear and just go. Her wife needed her and she was determined to be there.

Karlie got on the plane and took a seat in first class. As soon as she sat down, she put in her earbuds and put on her face mask and began to take deep breaths.

I can do this. Just breathe Karlie

Soon the plane took off. What offered her the most comfort was the fact that they wouldn't be flying over water. Two hours later, they landed.

She breathed a sigh of relief, having faced her fear head on. She rented a car and headed home.

It was nearly 2:30am when she got to the house. The lights were off as she headed upstairs. She quietly walked into her bedroom and snuck in bed, wrapping her arm around her wife and kissing the back of her shoulder.