218.

It 12:30am in LA and Taylor was sitting up on her bed, waiting patiently for 1am to come, so she could call Karlie. She didn't get any rest like she told Lily she would. Instead, when she returned from the party, she took a shower, made some tea and then sat on the bed pondering everything Lily had said.

Taylor couldn't wait any longer. It was 12:50am and she finally called her love.

The phone rang several times before a half awake Karlie finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi baby. I miss you so much."

"Hi Tay. I miss you too. Why aren't you sleeping? It's almost 1am in LA."

"I got your message last night and then I spoke to Lily later on but you were already sleeping. I'm worried about you. What's going on?"

"Babe, don't be worried. I'm fine. I don't even know where to begin. Last night Behati told me that when all the girls were in St. Louis, she overheard Abigail and Emma talking. I guess Abigail asked Emma to try and hit on me, in hopes of me cheating on you. She wants you to leave me, so that you can feel the same pain she's felt since your friendship has changed. She feels as though you left and your life moved on and she was at a standstill.

"What? This can't be true. I've known Abigail for over ten years. There's no way she would do that to me. I can't believe that Karlie. Maybe Behati misunderstood."

"Taylor, I was just as shocked as you are but Behati has no reason to lie."

"Karlie, this doesn't make sense. I don't believe it. How? Why?"

"Baby, I don't know. Jealousy maybe? I don't want to believe it either but I'm convinced Behati is telling the truth because of a few questions Abigail asked me on the plane ride from Rhode Island."

"What did she ask you Kar?"

"It was just weird, Tay. She asked me if I overlooked things that you sometimes do because your pregnant but then she asked me if she thought you'd keep the baby from me if we broke up."

"WHAT? Karlie, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want to worry you. You were so excited to see her that I didn't want to ruin that for you."

"Kar, I need to talk to her. I need answers about why she's doing this. I just don't understand. I mean, how does she even know anything about our relationship, to think she could get you to cheat on me?"

"SELENA!"

"What does Selena have to do with this now?"

"Taylor, Selena told Abigail about the times you and I broke up. She told her whatever you told Selena, that's how she knows everything."

"This is all my fault Kar."

"Taylor, it's not. You trusted your best friend and I'm sure she didn't think that Abigail had any crazy intentions of trying to break us up."

"Karlie, I need to talk to Abigail. I'm going to Nashville today."

"No, you're not Taylor. I don't know what this psycho is capable of. Just stay in LA. I'll be home tomorrow. We can figure it out then."

"Karlie, I'm not waiting and you can't make me wait. This is seriously fucked up."

"TAYLOR, YOU'RE NOT FUCKING GOING AND THAT'S FINAL!"

"Don't you fucking yell at me. I'll do what I want and you can't stop me."

"YOU'RE PREGNANT WITH MY KID. YOU'RE GONNA CAUSE UNNECESSARY STRESS ON THE BABY. STOP BEING AN IDIOT."

"Oh, now it's YOUR KID and I'm an idiot? FUCK YOU KARLIE!"

Taylor hung up the phone without giving Karlie the opportunity to respond. Karlie called her back numerous times but got no answer. She took her phone and threw it across the room so hard that it shattered upon impact when it hit the wall.

Lily came running into the bedroom.

"Karlie, what happened? Are you ok?"

"MY FUCKING WIFE, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. SHE'S SO FUCKING UNREASONABLE RIGHT NOW. SHE'S PLANNING ON LEAVING FOR NASHVILLE TODAY TO CONFRONT ABIGAIL. SHE CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR ME!! I'M SO PISSED AT HER RIGHT NOW."

"Karlie, calm down. You know when Taylor makes up her mind about something, she's gonna follow through. You'll need to trust that she knows what she's doing. There's nothing you can do from here. Let's get ready for breakfast and we'll get you a new phone."

"Lily, can I use your phone for a minute."

"Sure, but don't throw it against the wall."

Karlie called her wife. She knew Taylor wouldn't answer but wanted to leave her a voice message.

"Taylor, I swear to God, if you leave fucking LA and head to Nashville, putting my kid at risk, you better just FUCKING STAY THERE!!"

Karlie hung up the phone and handed it to Lily, as her mouth was hanging open.

"Karlie, you didn't mean that?"

"DON'T....I'm sorry. Don't tell me what I mean and what I don't mean. If she fucking leaves for Nashville, Lily....I swear to God....I'll lose my fucking mind and she can just stay there with her fucked up best friend."

Lily didn't know what to say. She never saw Karlie this upset and it scared her. She felt helpless because there was nothing she could do to fix any of this. She watched her friend scurry around the bedroom, picking up the pieces of her broken phone, grabbing her shoes and looking for her handbag she brought.

"I'm going to my room. If she calls back, please try and convince her to stay in LA and if she says no, tell her to go fuck herself."

"Karlie, I won't tell her that. But I doubt she'll call back anyway."

Karlie left, slamming the door in the process as she headed back to her room.

----------

Back in LA, Taylor had already arranged for her plane to prepare for departure to Nashville.

She saw that Lily had called but knew it was probably Karlie. Initially she didn't want to listen to the voice message, but she decided to listen anyway. By the end of the message, she was crying but they weren't sad tears, they were tears of anger and rage. She and Karlie NEVER fought like this before. Everyone always commented how she couldn't do anything without Karlie. How they were attached at the hip. Well, now she was gonna do something without her. She was going to fix a mess that ultimately she created by being too trusting. She didn't know what the outcome would be when Karlie finds out that she's leaving against her wishes, but right now. She just didn't care.