Best Friend Goals

Marinette is busy sewing one of her spectacular designs for the school formal. She had finished Alya's, which is a stunning purple and gold strapless. Made of purple fabric, gauze and satin, with intricate gold embroidered roses across the whole thing, it would hug Alya's figure, and compliment her hair. The masterpiece had taken Marinette MONTHS to finish - of course, she was simultaneously working on her own gown AND Nino's tux. Alya was going out with Nino, and Marinette had giggled quite a lot while making her best friend's dress, imagining his reaction.

The formal was mandatory to attend for all graduating students, so of course Marinette has a dress. No-one had asked her out, and she was relieved, because she didn't want to turn anyone down. She planned on leaving as soon as possible, except... Everyone (Chloe) sees Marinette as kind of a joke, so she wants to show off her mad designing skillz and her incredibly fit figure that she keeps as Ladybug - and her frequent visits to the gym. A girl who's secretly a superhero needs to keep up her level, you know?

Marinette accidentally pricks her finger, and winces. Quickly bandaging it up, she returns to work. She has to get this dress finished tonight. Why? Alya decided she needs pictures of them together in the dresses before the formal. Which happens to be tomorrow. 

Finishing it at last, she stands back and nods, smiling at her handiwork. It's a gorgeous figure-hugging red gown, with transparent gauze sleeves. Black lace flowers adorn the sleeves, making it look like the lace is on the skin. The lace also decorates the neckline, dragging down to the skirt in a Y shape. It's not as good as Alya's in her opinion, but it'll do. 

"Marinette! Alya's here!" Her mother calls from downstairs. Marinette barely takes a step before the trapdoor to her room bursts open and the brunette is standing there, hands over her mouth and eyes brimming with tears. 

"Oh, Mari..." She tackles her best friend to the floor, laughing and crying. "These are beautiful! How long did you spend?! Is this why you had that assignment late?! Oh god, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't've-"

Marinette cuts her off. "Alya, stop rambling and try it on!" She takes the dress from where it hangs next to her mannequin and gives it to her before shoving the girl into her bathroom to change.  Have to admit, I'm excited to try this on. Marinette thinks as she stares at the red dress, waiting for her friend to come out. 

When Alya finally does come out, she looks amazing! Marinette gasps and claps in happiness, as the dress fit perfectly and was overall PERFECT on her! 

"Alright, now you try yours on!" Alya laughs at the excited teen and pushes her into the bathroom with the dress.

Marinette slips on the dress carefully, as to not ruin the recent needlework. It fits like a glove, of course, as she had her own body for reference all the time. Taking a breath, she turns around to face the mirror and gasps. The ruby gown contrasts with her sapphire eyes, which is exactly what she wanted, but it's so much more. The cut, the colours, everything is absolument parfait!

"MARINETTE! GET OUT HERE!" Alya yells, opening the door. "I WANT TO SEE..." She trails off once catching sight of the blunette, who is taking her hair out of it's usual pig tails. She walks up behind her best friend who put so much effort into these dresses, and takes her hand.

"Alya..." She trails off, staring at the reflection in her mirror of the two of them side by side. They looked so grown up compared to the picture stuck to the rim of the mirror - the picture where they were both grinning like idiots and Alya had drawn cat whiskers on her face with help from Marinette, where Nino was photo bombing from behind, giving the pair bunny ears, with Adrien in the background running over to the trio and Chloe hot on his heels, probably screaming 'Adrikins!'. It was taken on Marinette's 16th birthday, the girl wearing a cute Chat Noir inspired hoodie that had the word 'Meow' on it - a rather ironic gift from Alya - and she had a smear of icing sugar on her cheek. 

"Marinette." Alya smiles affectionately at her friend, thinking about that day as well. "You are the best-est best friend a girl could ask for, you know that right?" Marinette giggles softly.

"You tell me every day, and I tell you every day that you're better." The two girls grin at each other. Alya picks up her phone.

"Selfie?" She asks, already knowing Marinette is going to nod. They pose next to each other, pulling silly faces and duck faces and last, one where they were just laughing at the other's attempt at a duck face.

"I know someone who's going to be drooling all over you, girl," Alya teases Marinette about her remaining crush on Adrien. It's gotten smaller, and she can talk normally around the green-eyed model, but Alya knows for a fact that her friend still likes the boy. She could see it clearly when Marinette remembered his birthday and shyly gave him a gift last week, which happened to be a handmade hat and glove set, that went with the scarf she gave him the first year they'd known each other. Marinette blushes at Alya's comment and shoves her lightly.

"Come on, you know he doesn't like me!" she whines playfully.

Alya winks. "He will after tomorrow night!" 

Little do the two teenagers know, Tikki and Plagg happen to be watching. Plagg had come to visit Tikki, and they both had hid when hearing Alya coming.

"Look at those two." Tikki smiles happily at her holder's genuine smile. Marinette had been down for the past week, probably because she had overheard Adrien say he loved someone whose name started with 'L'. The red kwami knows he was talking about Ladybug, but that was because she knew he was Chat. Marinette thinks he loves Lila, and Tikki can do nothing to prove her wrong because she can't reveal his identity just yet. 

"Yeah. As Nino would say, friendship goals," Plagg whispers back. Tikki nods.

"Best friend goals."