Chat

[trigger warning: suggested abuse, suicide]

In this one, Chat is a villain, while Ladybug is still a heroine. Got this idea from another one-shot book where Chat was never akumatised and was simply Chat Blanc by choice. BUT WAIT! HE IS NOT CHAT BLANC, still Noir.

Chat stood at the very top of the Eiffel tower, unfazed at the height and looked down on the sparkling city. From this height, he could see his hom- house, his school, everything. Even that girl Marinette's quaint little house and bakery.

As Adrien, he loved watching the flustered girl stutter and blush. Her school-girl crush was obvious, yet he believed he should remain annoyingly oblivious. Messing with this girl was too much fun, like when he bowed that day when Alya bugged him to help out with the blunette's great-uncle. It was comical how nervous she was, and extremely entertaining. However, she did not act like this with Chat. The normally shy girl was often feisty and and sarcastic around his alter-ego, and had very bluntly told him to leave if he overstepped her boundaries. Which did not allow for any fun.

Chat spotted a figure swinging through the streets below. Of course she would show up. Ladybug. The woman who was strong, independent, kind, and so... heroic. She was made to play the hero, the one who would rescue the victims and cleanse the butterflies. She didn't agree with his ways, and he did not agree with hers. Of course, that didn't mean that Chat wouldn't flirt shamelessly with the spotted heroine. 

Chat smirked, hearing the thump of her landing behind him. "Chat." She acknowledged.

"Milady." He threw her a flirty grin, which she rebuked with a strangely emotionless face. That face was certainly uncharacteristic of the heroine. He pouted. "How disappointing. The fair lady does not entertain me tonight. And on such a lovely night too." 

"Let Plagg go, Adrien," she said bluntly. He was taken aback. How had she discovered his identity? How did she know about Plagg, his unwilling kwami? He quickly shook off the shock and smirked again.

"Oh, my poor, sweet Ladybug. Plagg will only be free when I'm dead," he announced, determined to scare her by laughing afterwards. 

"I also do not appreciate you toying with that girl's emotions," she growled. Thinking, Chat remembers Marinette, the only girl he toyed with. Ah well. Might as well let the cat out of the bag.

"You mean my Princess? Ladybug, it's sweet of you to try and protect her, but the poor girl has fallen head over heels for me, all because of that sob story and a simple umbrella. I barely had to bat an eye. She provides a very valued source of entertainment during the day when you're not there," he snickered. Ladybug only narrowed her eyes and threw a black object off the tower. Chat didn't even notice it. She started to leave, then stopped. Looking over her shoulder at the villain, she sighed.

"Oh mon chaton, what has that man done to you?" Her voice was sad, quiet, but Chat's enhanced hearing picked up on the tone. It was a tone unheard in Ladybug's voice when referring to him. It implied caring and sympathy for the boy, and a deep sadness. Chat was perplexed - why would Ladybug speak such a thing? He was alone in his house growing up, and only when his mother left did his father...

Chat immediately looked for the woman who had so easily read his past, and made connections where he thought there weren't any, and knew what his father, Gabriel Agreste, had done to his son. But she was gone with the howling wind. He screamed in frustration, but the sound was too lost in the wind.

~*~ The next day ~*~

Adrien was still baffled by his lady, wondering how she had ripped open a vault he kept closed and locked. Before last night, he was sure that these actions were a result of his own abandonment, by his desire to break free and rebel against his father and his image of a perfect boy, yet what if his father had planned for this? What if his father knew?