P!nk and Hair

A) swearing BUT IT'S IN FRENCH, b) post-reveal.

"Just like fire, burnin' up the way!
If I could light the world up for just one day!
Watch this madness, colourful charade
No-one can be just like me anyway!"

Marinette was having fun. She was in her bedroom, the house was totally empty, Alya, Nino and Adrien were coming over in a while, and she was jumping around her room singing P!nk's song into a hairbrush at the top of her lungs. Admittedly, she wasn't bad at it, but she was having a lot of fun.

"Just like magic, I'll be flying free!
I'mma disappear when they come for me,
Kick that ceiling, what you gonna say?
No-one can be just like me anyway!"

She was in a cute outfit too, she had spent ages trying on clothes and sorting through her closet. She had decided on a black skirt (that was close to being a mini-skirt, but a little longer) and a green tank top which had cat whiskers on it. She had also done her make-up, because make-up is a lot more fun than some people realise, and she had eyeliner, with wings, duh, mascara, lip gloss and... Oh my god is that my hair stuff?!

Marinette bounded over to a box at the bottom of her closet and opened it eagerly. Inside was her hair stuff! There was hair chalk in electric colours, and hair glitter, and hair dyes ad rinses, and curlers, and straighteners, and SO MANY HAIR TIES AND CLIPS AND HEADBANDS!!

That so settled on what she was doing today.

Marinette heard knocking, and knew it was Alya and the boys.

"Marinette, I used the key you gave me! Get your cute butt down here!" Alya yelled. Grinning, Marinette grabbed the hair brush and a dark sparkly jacket and leaped down to the stairs to make an entrance.

"So what? I'm still a rock star!
I got my rock moves,
And I don't need you!"

She grinned at a shell-shocked Nino and Adrien and Alya who had a grin as wide as her own. She slid down the stair banister and landed on the ground, twirling around and one hand on her hip.

"And guess what?
I'm having more fun!
And now that's we're done,
I'm gonna show you, tonight!
I'm alright!
I'm just fine.
And you're a tool, so
So what?
I am a rock star,
I got my rock moves,
And I don't want you tonight!"

"Whoo! What an entrance!" Alya punched a fist in the air and whooped. "That cute butt can wiggle!" Marinette laughed and shoved her friend.

"Speak for yourself, I saw your moves at our last sleepover!" She giggled as Alya struck a pose.

"True love! Tru-u-ue love!
It must be true love!
No-one else can break my heart like you!
Whoa-oh-oh whoa-oh-oh-oh
Whoa-a-oh-oh!"

The two of them laughed at Nino and Adrien, who stood shocked at their graceful and in-sync motions. Marinette decided to tease the two. "You boys should totally live in Atlantis, you'd really fit in with all the fish." She opened her mouth like them, and pretended to be swimming, making Alya laugh and Nino roll his eyes, his and Adrien snapping out of their state.

"I'll let out my inner fish if I want to. Anyway, what's with the outfit, dudinette? You going somewhere?" He scanned her outfit, not noticing how Adrien blushed at her answer.

"If you're letting out your inner fish, I'm letting out my inner Chat Noir!" She grabbed a pair of cat ears that were conveniently lying on the bench, putting them on and curling her hands to look like paws. "Meow!" She threw a wink at Adrien, who was now resembling a tomato.

"Merde, you're cute." Alya complimented her friend, which she accepted with a bow. The auburn-haired girl then wandered up the stairs into her room while Marinette got Adrien and Nino to help her bring up snacks. They almost dropped said snacks when Alya squealed. "MARI, IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?!"

"If by that, you mean my box of fabulous-ness? Yes. It is what you think it is." Marinette giggled as she lead them upstairs into her room, which was no longer decorated with magazine clippings of Adrien, but pictures of all of them together, posters of Jagged Stone and even various pictures of Ladybug and Chat Noir to please Alya.

While Adrien took these in and wiggled his eyebrows at her, to which she responded with a roll of her cerulean blue orbs, Nino curiously took in the box that Alya was going through. And he caught the box that she tossed behind her. "Hair dye? Mar, is that full of hair dye?"

"Dye, rinse, glitter, chalk, hairbands, straighteners, curlers, ribbons, clips, the whole lot. We're going to have fun, my dear friends." She rubbed her hands together. "Who's first?"

~*~

Singing to a playlist of P!nk, three out of four got a new hair style that day. Adrien had his modelling and overbearing father, so he was a no-go, but he was also surprisingly good at dyeing hair. Marinette ended up with electric blue highlights in her naturally dark blue hair, Alya traded her normal ombre for purple, and Nino's hair was too short to dye, so they just used green hair chalk on him.

"But Adriiieeennn, your hair perfect for dying! The colour would show up so easily!" Marinette pouted, big blue eyes staring up at him. He chuckled, affectionately gazing at her from where they lay. They were currently just hanging out now, he was laying on her chaise and Marinette had decided to lay on top of him, fitting herself underneath his chin and occasionally leaning up to pepper kisses across his face.

"Father would throw a fit. Sorry, bugaboo, if you ever want to see me again, you won't force me to dye my hair." He planted a kiss on her forehead, successfully wiping the pout from her face as she snuggled closer.

"You two are sickeningly sweet." Alya commented from where she sat in Marinette's desk chair. Marinette stuck her tongue out while Adrien smirked.

"I always did have a sweet tooth. She's my favourite item from the bakery." He grinned as Marinette lightly hit his chest. "You were the one who bought into the menu line."

Marinette rolled her eyes and started to mimic him. "Oh, what's on the menu? Me 'n' you! Come on Mar, it wasn't that bad!" She said in a nasally tone, clearly mocking him, and gaining laughs from Alya and Nino and a scowl from her boyfriend.

"I do not sound like that." He grumbled as Marinette giggled.

"You do when you're sick." She smirked as he rolled his eyes, a smile quirking at his lips.

"Yeah, sick. I was not sick when I said that."

"You sure? I could hear some sniffling."

"I wouldn't come into a bakery if I was sick."

"Yeah, you'd bribe me to bring you the treats and get me sick too."

"Mar?"

"Hm?"

He dropped his voice to a whisper as he nuzzled her hair. "I love you."

She smiled and snuggled closer, letting out a content breath. "I love you too."

This is the result of boredom.