Shot through the heart

Shot through the heart, and you're to blame

Shot through the heart, and you're to blame. You give love a bad name.

"CHAT!" She screamed, her voice breaking and her eyes blurring with tears as she clutched the teenage boy, desperate for him to stay alive. She needed him. She loved him.

"See, princess... told you I'd protect you." The blond hero coughed and smiled weakly, his arms losing their grip around the crying girl. She buried her head in his shoulder, not caring about the blood dripping down her face. It wasn't her blood.

"Chat, please, I need you here... who's going to tell me your lame cat  puns? What about that stupid smirk you give me whenever I cuddle closer? Who's going to flirt with me every second?" she sobbed into the leather of his suit. So many knives, yet not one hit her. His back, his arms, even the beautiful boutique he brought her to ask her on a date... This was supposed to be the day they admitted their feelings for each other...

"I... love... you... Marinette..." he whispered before going limp.

Marinette screamed.

Her emotional pain, her breaking heart, all of it was killing her as easily as the knives that pierced him. The leather beneath her was no longer leather, but a cotton black shirt with three stripes across it. In her hands was no longer the leather she loved, but a white collared shirt. A small black kwami floated behind her, tearing up himself. Marinette finally knew who he was, after all this time, and he never knew he fell for the same girl twice. She only now knew she fell for the same boy twice. She cried her eyes out for the one she needed, her partner, her love, her life.

"I love you... Chat, Adrien, I love you..."

She fell to the floor, holding up the body of her soulmate, desperately repeating the three words he longed to hear. How would she go back to normal? How could she return to normal life, when her life was gone? How could she be happy again when the only boy who made her truly happy was now dead? How could she see when the light and the darkness reminded her of him? How could she hear when she only wanted to hear his voice? How could she feel when she only wanted to feel his warm embrace again? How could she be human when her humanity depended on him?

"I love you... I love you... I love you..."

I love you too, Princess.

Y'all get an angsty one today. I'm gonna go finish my longer ones. Catch ya later, baseballs... Nah, kidding, you're not a baseball, you're a gem for reading this. Sparkle ya later, I guess...? PEACE OUT

[2018] lmao there's 69 comments on this