yin and yang

tikki was quite nice. bubbly, too. always helpful. generally sweet too, and one of the best teachers to the holders reported. always got the job done.

at least, the other kwamis knew that.

plagg knew better.

yes, it was true. they were two halves of one part. like yin and yang. however, once they were out of china, tikki took advantage of the fact that not many knew about yin and yang very well.

yes, there were two sides, black and white. yes, each side was associated with being either feminine or masculine. however, people got confused about which side was feminine or masculine. 

in chinese philosophy and religion, two principles, one negative, dark and feminine, known as yin, and the other positive bright and masculine, known as yang, interacted to influence the destinies of creatures and things.

tikki was yin. plagg was yang.

the ladybug kwami lied to fuel her own darkness.

she fed off the confusion, anger, heartbreak and distrust that came from her strict rules about her charge's never revealing themselves. in fact, she told her ladybugs' that should they reveal themselves, their power would be lost forever. she never encouraged behaviour that didn't get her to her goal, which, to name a few, were strength, ferocity, and courage. which of course, she absorbed once they were out of costume, usually leaving her charges insecure, not nearly as strong or flexible as when they were transformed, and definitely not as graceful.

the black cat kwami battled against her.

he wanted nothing more than to see his charges happy. he loved that he could give them that. he encouraged them to talk, feel, run, be free in every sense of the word. true, he might do it in his own special way, but he was the embodiment of bad luck, unluckily. he had no idea how to do it regularly. or maybe he and his counterpart were just destined to be manipulative... why did he have to get stuck being the bad luck charm? everyone trusted him so much more when he wasn't the god of misfortune. 

and god, plagg could feel his heart shattering once more when ladybug turned down his charge once more, insisting that they can't reveal their identities. just like every time, his charge broke too, curling in on himself and dropping the smile that had been fueled by his happiness of being free for so long. and god, plagg wanted to be able to hate tikki, he wanted to hate her with all his gut, but he couldn't. because he was positive while she was negative. together they might've been a normal human, but too bad they were split into two before chosen to become the gods they were. 

why did he have to be so damn unlucky?

why did she, the most malicious of all, have to have been blessed with the good luck of a million four-leafed clovers and horseshoes?

plagg knew he was forever doomed to watch every charge of his fall apart, watch every ladybug break their hearts, watch even the most optimistic turn their back and vow to never love again and blame it all on him. no matter how loud he screamed, crying out about how love was the right way, she's lying, she's the one who's led you astray nobody ever heard. because he wanted so badly to be heard, and she wanted so badly for him to be silenced, their luck worked against him in the worst way possible. 

tikki was not who everyone thought she was. her charges, while often seen as good luck charms, had the worst of misfortune. because they got stuck with her. 

and he hated that everyone thought that way of him. 

he hated that he was bad luck while she good, and yet, their personalities so vastly different from what you'd expect. 

yin and yang. an eternal dance, forever joined, never apart. do not be confused which is yin and which is yang.

I READ A FANFIC IN WHICH TIKKI LIED AND I STARTED NOT LIKING HER SO THIS IS MY FRUSTRATION ABOUT THE TOPIC