I know you

Inspired by that one comic I hope you've all seen

"Please, Chat, d-don't die yet!" Ladybug sobbed, holding onto the man's head. He smiled up at her as bombs fell from the sky.

"I'll rest in you embrace at last, my lady." He coughed, and Ladybug 's tears came faster.

"Dumb cat, why did you make us join the war?!" She cried, watching the light in his eyes fade slowly. He was dying, she knew it. She would die someday too, but she would die alone. Without her love, without her Chat Noir.

"I-I don't know, my Ladybug. B-but-" He coughed again, blood spewing onto his palm. "We'll meet again, Ladybug, I promise..."

"You better keep that promise, silly kitty." She whispered, holding her dead partner.

Decades Later

"Hey, isn't that the new kid?" Alya pointed to a blond boy, who was laughing with Nino. Marinette glanced over and froze, a severe sense of recognition overtaking her. Adrien felt a gaze on him, and turned to see a confused and shocked girl with bluebell eyes and blue-black hair staring right at him. He was filled with this sense as well, and stood still, staring at her.

"Dude? Oh, yeah, that's Marinette and Alya. They sit behind us in class. Marinette's probably the sweetest girl in Paris, and the prettiest, so if you have eyes for her, go for it, just beware of Alya, she's really protective..." Nino's voice faded out as he noticed the two's identical expressions of confusion, shock, and recognition. "You know her?"

Adrien furrowed his brow and walked towards her, ignoring Alya and Nino's questioning gazes. Marinette took a step forward and studied his face.

"You getting this feeling too?" She softly asked, and her voice rang through his head with a sense of deja vu. He nodded, drinking in her features in the same way as she did his.

"I can't help but feel I know you." He murmured, analyzing his memory for any image of the beautiful girl in front of him. She nodded, and tilted her head slightly.

"Adrien, right?"

"Yeah. You're Marinette?"

"Yeah."

The two continued to stare at each other before grinning. "Well, Miss Marinette, what say you that we do something about this weird feeling of I-know-you?"

She returned the sparkle in his eyes with a glint of her own. "Mister Adrien, let's see if we really do know each other, eh?"

The two glanced at their friends, who were smirking at them. Marinette rolled her eyes and strode gracefully towards them. "Nino, you mind if I steal Adrien for a while?" 

"No sweat, dudinette." He held up a fist and she met it with a fist of her own. Alya giggled at the familiar action and winked at Adrien.

"Goldilocks better take care of my best friend." Adrien bowed dramatically and held out an arm for Marinette to take.

"I assure you, the Princess will return home safe." He said in a very British accent, making Marinette giggle adorably and Alya bark with laughter. Nino grinned and punched him lightly on the shoulder.

"You better, Prince Charming. Our Marinette is a very precious little gem not to be dropped." He responded with a just as fake accent of his own. The two boys laughed at each other before Marinette walked up and took his arm in her petite hand.

"Well then, Adrien, shall we?" She said with a smile, which he returned with just as much brightness.

"Of course, my lady."

I had to, so don't judge me.