See The Stars (Part TWO)

YO SOMEONE ( mcvarla ) ASKED FOR THIS SO YES I'M DOING THIS

CREDS TO TROYE SIVAN FOR THE SONG CALLED for him.

IN FACT I NEED TO DO THIS - CREDS TO ALL THE ARTIST FOR EVERY SONG I'VE PUT IN HERE

Marinette had resigned herself to a single life - or, well, a life without her love/her partner, Chat Noir/Adrien Agreste. She had resigned herself to brush off Adrien's attempts to invite her to places, saying she was busy. After all, she was busy. With her designs, and helping the new Ladybug and Chat Noir whenever she could. 

After Adrien gave up his miraculous, she couldn't bear to have a new partner, so she gave hers up too. Marinette found the new holders, a girl named Bridgette and a boy named Felix, at Master Fu's approval, of course. Adrien knew, but he had Lila to deal with, so he was no help.

It had been four years since she was Ladybug. She was nineteen now, and still completely in love with her kitty. She had gone on dates, had relationships, mostly to get her friends (Alya) off her back, but none of them worked out in the end. Her heart just wasn't in it. At least she wouldn't break any more hearts if she stopped dating.

Marinette now lived in her own apartment. It was fully decorated by her, of course, and visitors often complimented the decor. She was also an official designer, owning a small boutique which ran hours from 9 am until 9 pm, Monday to Saturday. It was a good business, quickly gaining attention, probably thanks to Alya's web-designing skills. She was living a good life.

But it was so incredibly lonely.

She sighed, staring into her mug of tea before draining it completely. Today wasn't her best day. She had a few customers complaining, some press pressuring her for news on new collections, and a depressing night of pizza. She didn't care that she was dressed in an over-sized shirt belonging to her father that almost covered her shorts. She didn't care that her loose hair was a mess. 

Briiinnnggg

Oh crap, was that the door?

Suddenly, she really did care. 

Nope, there went all capacity to care, out the window. She snorted at her little joke. "Be free, my last flying eff." She mumbled under her breath as she opened the door.

Her jaw dropped, her eyes went wide. 

"How the hell did you get my address?!" 

Adrien stood there, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "I begged Nino to ask Alya?" He sighed, dropping his hand and suddenly looking that much more melancholy. "Look, never mind about how I found you. We need to talk, and you've been avoiding me for the past four years." 

Her composure crumpled, leaving behind a tired, worn, resigned young woman behind. Her gaze dropped to the ground and she sighed heavily. "Come in." She moved out of the doorway and waved him in. Knowing how awkward this could get, she pushed him towards the couch and sat him down, picking up her empty mug of tea and rinsed it out. "Want anything? Food, drink?"

"No thanks, I just... need to talk." His strangely empty tone brought her attention to him. Silently, she studied his face, taking in his dark bags, pale face, the eyes that stopped glowing. She moved to sit across from him, in her favourite reading chair, and stared him right in the eyes.

"Before you talk... what's wrong?" She asked, worry piercing through her still-shining blue eyes. He ran a hand through his messy hair and seemed to mirror her feeling of regret, sadness and weariness.

"Lila was just using me. We broke up two years ago when I found out, and by then, you'd disappeared and I couldn't find you. And then you kept avoiding me all the time, it just... got too much." He met her eyes, and she was astounded by the truthful sorrow. She immediately got up and moved to sit next to him, bringing him into her arms.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry Adrien, I thought she'd changed and I thought you'd be good together so I tried my best to stay out of the way." Marinette whispered, holding him as he shook, presumably crying. "Oh kitty, I'm so sorry..."

He lifted his head. "It's funny how love works." 

She chuckled dryly. "Which part of it?" 

"How, after all this time, after everything we've been through, I still love you." 

(I STEEEEEEEEEL LUUUUV YOU) 

He crushed her lips to his, and she melted, wrapping her arms around his neck and weaving her fingers through his hair. For the first time, a kiss felt right. Fitting. Like it was meant to be. For the first time, she truly loved the man she was kissing, and he loved her back. For the first time, everything was okay.

She pulled away, resting her forehead against his, breathing jaggedly. 

You don't have to say I love you to say I love you

"I love you too."

Forget all the shooting stars and the silver moons

Adrien eventually moved in with her, filling the space in her lonely apartment. Alya was so incredibly happy to see her friends alive again, and together, and so completely in love. 

We've been making shades of purple out of red and blue

They got married one day, after 3 years of dating, and moved into a proper house, big enough to raise a family.

Sickeningly sweet like honey, don't need money

Marinette's boutique grew, quickly becoming famous around the globe.

All I need is you,

But that didn't matter to her. What mattered was her happy family, her loving husband, and her amazing friends.

All I need is you

It may have had a heartbreaking beginning

You

But their fairytale

You

Had a happy end.

VOILA