Disappointment Part 2

Disappointment couldn't be stopped. She wrecked havoc on Paris, and Chat couldn't stop her alone. He tried everything short of killing her, even revealing his identity in an attempt to use her love for his civilian form to change her back, but she did nothing different. Eventually, she got his miraculous, but refused to give it to Hawkmoth, gaining power over him and controlling his mind using the powers he gave her. He was who was the last hope in stopping her rage was her servant.

Adrien has been depressed all the time, even more so than Marinette's parents and Alya. Even Chloe regretted all she did to Marinette. Adrien had lost his smile, his sunshine, because of a girl he loved too late.

Except, now, there were no akumas to turn him. Only a huge dark hole of depression to swallow him.

Until one day...

All citizens had fallen under Disappointment's magic. Everyone was always upset, everyone was always disappointed in something or someone. Everyone had lost their light.

Except one girl.

Her name was Bridgette. She had always seen the bright side to everything, always had a smile on her face. She had left Paris for a while before returning, which meant she wasn't affected by Disappointment's power. She was two years Marinette's younger, now 15. She also looked strikingly similar to Marinette, which made sense, because they were cousins. 

And Tikki had escaped Disappointment's grasp to find Bridgette.

Tikki's memories were fresh - the same face that once smiled kindheartedly, the same face that grinned affectionately, the same face that worried and fussed over her was now right in front of her with a confused expression. The kwami almost lost it before remembering she was on the run.

"Excuse me! Please don't scream, just run into a bakery and get some cookies and I'll explain it all." Thankfully, Tikki didn't have to deal with a freak-out, just a nod and being pulled into a bag.

After explaining her situation and Paris's state, Tikki watched as Bridgette's face drained with colour and her smile slipped away to be replaced with one of horror.

"M-Mar did this?" She whispered, shock and disbelief painted across her features. Her cousin... caused this? Marinette, her bubbly cousin, just as happy as she was, did this?! "How do I stop her?! How do I change her back to normal?!"

Tikki blinked once before summoning forth her miraculous, the two earrings, as well as a white ring. "Wear these, and take the ring too. Say 'transform me'. You'll figure it out from there."

Bridgette, confused, did as she was told. She clipped on the earrings and slid on the ring. 

A small whisper from the alleyway went unheard by all grey, disappointed people who wandered the streets.

"Transform me."

Swirls of glowing red and green, sparkling lights of colours contrasting so starkly against the grey, however, did not go unnoticed.

~*~

High above Paris, forever watching over the city from the tip of the Eiffel Tower, Disappointment scowled at the sight of the bright flashes in the otherwise darkness of her city. Of course Tikki would find someone new. And she had Plagg too. That meant... the wielder had the black cat and the ladybug miraculous. Whoever it was had the power of a god. They could stop her.

They could heal her.

They could kill her.

They could save everyone.

She would lose her power. She'd be alone again.

She wouldn't be hurting anyone anymore.

THAT DOESN'T MATTER.

Of course it does! Do you want them to run in terror? Do you want to hurt Alya? Nino? Your parents?!

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I DON'T NEED YOU! I DON'T NEED ANYONE! SHUT UP! GO AWAY, LEAVE ME ALONE! SHUT UP!

~*~

Bridgette looked down to see a... pure white dress. Simple yet elegant, innocent yet flattering, like something Marinette would design. And wings extended from her back, tinged with gold, as well as a golden glow emitting from her hands. But only one thing was going through her head.

Save Marinette, save Marinette, save Marinette.

She only knew to save her cousin before the sun set once more. 

Wing fluttering, she pushed herself into the sky towards where her instincts led her.

Eiffel Tower, at the very top.

Weirdly, her instincts had a high-pitched, feminine voice.

I would order you to get me Camembert, but this is serious business.

And... a low, male voice? What was going on? Whatever it was, couldn't be weirder than sprouting wings and going to fight her cousin.

She's smart! Can I replace Adrien?

No Plagg, stay on task.

She powerfully propelled herself towards a dark fortress set atop the famous tower, in which stood her cousin, Marinette, scowl in place of her usual smile and anger and hatred and fear in place of the sparkle in her bluebell eyes. Bridgette was practically a goddess now, but only for a short while, only until she saved Paris. Only until she saved Marinette.

~*~

Disappointment heard a thump behind her in her otherwise solitude, growling at the echoing sound of footsteps. She whirled around to face... someone strikingly familiar... in a white dress with huge strong wings stretching from behind her. But she sensed the two miraculous on her, and for now, that would override every other thought. 

"Marinette, is that really you?" The quavering voice made her freeze. The unsettling familiarity... The same uncertainty... "What happened to you?"

She chuckled darkly and stared her cousin right in the eye, once blue eyes now grey. "I'm not Marinette. I haven't been Marinette for two years. I'm Disappointment, and you're about to turn grey."

Disappointment extended a hand towards the girl, intending to suck away the colour, the love, the happiness and the will to live from her very being. 

But she was stopped.

By a hand.

"Oh Marinette... I still love you, you know that right?" The girl softly spoke, glowing lightly with energy. "After all this... I love you, Mar-Mar, and I'm sure Aunt Sabine does too and Uncle Tom, and so does so many people despite everything because you're still my Mar-Mar and I love you..." 

Disappointment was pulled into a hug as a flash of light consumed the whole city.

And everyone was sent back to two years ago, before all this started, with no memories of the occurrences but there was something else too...

Nooroo was cleansed and safe, back with Master Fu.

Tikki and Plagg were still with their holders.

Everything was okay.

And Marinette was left with a warm feeling of being truly loved by someone.

BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT THIS

BAM HERE IS THE ONESHOT EAT IT, CHERISH IT, POSSIBLY FANGIRL, WHATEVER

peace out y'all