Dodgeball CHAMP

"Dodgeball?" Alya turned to Marinette, brow furrowed. "But we're scheduled to be doing gymnastics."

Marinette shrugged. "Must be a sub." A wicked smirk settled itself on her lips. "Dodgeball is just as good as any. You better hope we're on the same team, Als."

Alya paled slightly, a look of horror crossing her face. "You wouldn't."

"Oh, but I would." Marinette folded her arms, that roguish glint in her eyes turning her into an entirely different person. This wasn't shy, sweet, wouldn't-hurt-a-fly Marinette, no, this Marinette was malicious, unforgiving, and unstoppable.

And Alya and Adrien were her enemies for this game.

Alya shuddered before steeling herself, yelling across the court. "Mar, go easy on us! We have the new guy!" Adrien gave her a confused look before noticing the blunette's confident stance.

"Pretty boy's not that new!" She called back, a teasing lilt to her voice. Adrien felt his face heat up slightly.

The whistle blew.

Three seconds in, Kim doubled over in pain, a ball rolling away. Then went Ivan, a defeated look on his face as he trudged across the wooden floors. Adrien's eyes went wide as his hero instincts kicked in to push him out of the way of a ball that might as well have been a torpedo. His eyes darted over to where Nino was lounging against the wall, a huge grin on his face. Rose was jumping around, dodging what balls came her way, cheering. Nathanael and Max were having a conversation. Sabrina was the only one out, standing with Chloe by the side.

Marinette was in the middle of it all, mid-air in a flip, spinning with a triumphant smirk on her face, aiming and shooting a ball right at Alya. The brunette yelped and rolled out of the way, just dodging the missile.

"Have mercy, girl!" She shrieked as another orb sped past her, missing by an inch.

"Eat rubber!" Marinette grinned as she threw one last ball right at Alya's stomach. She groaned in pain and made her way to the sidelines. She turned to look at the two teams and gasped.

While Marinette was focused on her, Adrien had hit every other member of the champion's team. It was just the two of them, the green-eyed model and the blue-eyed beauty.

They stood still, facing each other. Adrien had one of the red rubber spheres in his hand, Marinette was bouncing one in her hand and another one next to her side, pressed there by her free arm. The mischievous spark still resting in her eyes, she threw her loose hair over her shoulder and cocked a hip, a dazzling smile curling her lips.

Alya gasped and shook Nino's arm frantically. "She's trying to distract him by seduction!" She hissed, a grin forming on her face. Nino nodded, gently extracting her grip from his arm.

"Yup. He's gonna fall for it."

Fall for it he did, but it wasn't noticeable by anyone except Marinette. His grip on the ball loosened, his pupils dilated and his left foot shifted an inch. This was all she needed.

Marinette hurled one ball straight at him, hitting him right in the stomach. The force of her throw actually knocked him over, he sighed as he lay on his back on the floor. She let out a small laugh, dropping the last ball to approach him.

Adrien opened his eyes to be met with a kind face and a small hand offering to help him up. Gratefully, he accepted with a smile, letting the petit girl pull him up with surprising strength.

"I would say sorry, but all's fair in love and war." She grinned as he let out a small chuckle. Love and war, huh? Adrien thought, an idea forming in his head.

"Hey Mar, do you want to go out for ice-cream after school?" He asked, an earnest smile on his face. She blinked, her lips forming an 'o' shape as a blush pervaded her face. She finally broke out into a shy smile.

"Sure..." Her smile turned into a teasing grin. "...pretty boy."

Finished 13/07/16

Short but cute, okay?

-heiP1