only human

In many ways, Adrien was perfect. 

Perfect student - well behaved, always listened in class. Studied hard for all his tests, received well earned straight A's in every academic subject taught, and he strived for more in his creative subjects. Volunteered for as much as he could - setting up school events, watering plants in the biology lab and what have you. His teachers greatly appreciated him, especially seeing as he could calm the raging cyclone that was Chloe Bourgeois. 

Perfect model - never complaining about tight clothes, diets or makeup as other male models might have. Angled himself according to what the photographer wanted, much like the mannequin he practically was. Could go for hours with only brief breaks for food or movement, barely stopping to drink and eat a measly apple. Became whatever the photographer - and the designer - wanted for the line. If you were graced with the task of shooting him, adjusting your camera lense to focus on him and only him, you were indeed considered a great photographer.

Perfect son - took extra-curricular lessons without question. Quiet, obedient. Never faltering in his routine, his routine set out for him by his father. Not a toe would be put out of line, not once. Not a wink of disobedience, rebellion. 

Perfect superhero - listened to his partner's orders and completed them without doubt and to the most efficient and effective time. Calculating costs and risks in the blink of a second before acting, even if it might not seem to be calculated at all. Completely humble in his partner's presence. Comforted victims using smiles and understanding words and jokes. Relentless in his patrols, always checking every single place in the city under his protection.

Perfect friend - willing to help in any way possible. Kind, forgiving. Always willing to give a second chance. And always, always, giving himself the task of cheering up a friend, no matter the cost. Even if it is his own happiness.

But... he often longed for a life like hers.

She's imperfect, but she tries. She makes mistakes, but does her best to fix them, and refuses to let the consequences of them to fall to someone else.

She is good, but she lies. She lies for the good of many, for her own reasons, and that might be selfish, but she always repays her lies with good deeds.

She is hard on herself,  she is broken and won't ask for help. She is determined to make it through whatever hardships she faces, and she does. 

She is messy, but she's kind. Sure, she is late most of the time and trips often, but she smiles so happily and she offers even the smallest bit of help to everyone, and her messiness becomes an adorable trait that simply makes her... her.

She is lonely most of the time. He sees it in her eyes, but she never lets it bring her smile away, knowing she is depended on to be strong and optimistic no matter what.

She is reckless, just enough. She gets hurt and learns to toughen up. She gets thrown down by many ungrateful people, torn to shreds by hurtful words, but she rises up and the fire and light in her bluebell eyes returns just as strong. 

She is never at the centre of attention, but she still remains a light in the darkness and corruption that is the world, willing to let anyone into her warm embrace, should they ask.

She is human. And Adrien envies the chance to be human.

He wishes on a million stars for the chance to make mistakes and not worry about who will rip him apart with shouts. He wishes for the chance to be reckless and run like wildfire and laugh off injuries like they won't affect him that badly. He wishes for the chance to allow himself to love so deeply and get heartbroken so terribly and heal and stand back up. He wishes that he could fight for his own. He wishes that he could drop that weight on his shoulders and just breathe.

Because he is only human, but he forgets what it is to be only human.

And she reminds him.

if you noticed the inspiration from Sara Bareilles' song She Used To Be Mine, nice. creds for those lines go to her.

So. I haven't been writing much, but whatever. I've been reading rather than being on social media. And I just... wanted to get something out for you guys. Just something. It's not meant to be long or heart tugging or anything, I'm just... tired of doing nothing. I need something to do but I'm so so tired.

Anyway. Yeah. Thanks, and Happy New Year everyone!