Back (Part 2 of Gone)

Okay, so I'm republishing this because it messed up and deleted a bunch  of what I wrote. Sorry! Story might have some changes, because I can't rewrite this word-for-word

 Sorry! Story might have some changes, because I can't rewrite this word-for-word

Three years. That's how long Marinette left Paris for. After Chloe spilled her identity. Everyone was criticizing her, judging her, following her, asking questions. Her parents understood why she went to China to live with her grandmother for three years. She was eighteen now. And back in Paris.

Most had forgotten about Ladybug, well, most except Adrien, Alya, the rest of her old classmates and her parents. They didn't recognize Marinette Dupain-Cheng for anything other than her recent rise in design and modelling, even then, she was lucky enough to not be stared at on the street. 

She had an apartment now, and was planning on making an appearance, per Gabriel Agreste's request (he hadn't told his son about her, only that he found a new talented designer) at the Lumiere Ball in a few days. Literally the least creative name ever, the Ball of Light? Well, she had a very appropriate dress, and one for Ladybug too. Tikki agreed to replace the normal suit with her design, so she would say the phrase and she would be in her Ladybug gown. 

Once she stepped foot in her apartment, it suddenly hit her.

Oh god, Marinette was back in Paris.

She grabbed a cushion and screamed into it. Tikki flew out, concerned, but only giggled lightly as Marinette lifted her face and let out a light, chiming laugh. "Tikki, I'm back in Paris, oh my god, how am I going to face anyone? What if I see Alya, what if I see Adrien? Ah, this is a good nightmare! Just like my life!" 

"Oh Marinette, you'll be fine! You're a lot more confident, and you'll be able to face them head on!" Tikki encouraged her holder who just laughed again. Leaving her luggage at the door where she put it, she grabbed a bag for Tikki and pulled on her boots that she kicked off on entering.

"Come on Tikki, let's see if we can run into anybody on purpose." She winked as the kwami flew into her bag. Locking the door behind her, she leaped down the stairs.

Walking through Paris was something she missed. The architecture, the smells of pastries and coffee, the couture, the people. Oh, the people, and their smiles and laughter and familiar voices. She strolled through parks and ended up in front of the Eiffel tower before her first encounter with Nathanael and a young woman by his side.

"Marinette?" Nathanael asked, shocked. The blue-haired woman nodded, a sly grin on her face, that melted into a friendly smile as she turned her gaze on the pretty brunette on Nathanael's arm.

"Hi Nathanael, who's this?" Marinette took in the woman as she blushed and looked down. She was short, her hair long and wavy, cascading down her back, with soft brown eyes and freckles splattered across her face. Nathanael also looked at her and smiled affectionately.

"This is my girlfriend, Primrose.  I met her at an art expo, and she took my breath away then and there." He leaned down to peck her cheek as she blushed more and giggled. "Primrose, this is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, my old school friend." Primrose held out a hand, which Marinette shook.