Heart's On Fire

Credits for song go to Passenger

Well I don't know how and I don't know why
But when something's living, well you can't say die  

Marinette had always lived a good life. She had a loving family who were always there to support her, an amazing best friend who brought out the best in her, was well on her way to achieving her dreams and had enough of everything she needed.

You feel like laughing but you start to cry

But she hid a deep sadness.

I don't know how and I don't know why  

And nobody knew what it was.

Well I don't have many and I don't have much
In fact I don't have any but I've got enough 

Adrien had noticed, he was the only one to notice. And, as a dabbler in guitar in his spare time, he realised exactly what he needed to do for her. He knew exactly what to write for her to bring forth her beautiful smile of hers.

'Cause I know those eyes and I know that touch
I don't have many and I don't have much

So he invited a few friends to a beautiful spot behind his quaint little house, where a deck was strung with fairy lights, with a microphone and a seat for his guitar. A few friends, more like nearly their entire old class. Max and Sabrina, Ivan and Mylene, Rose and Juleka, Alix and Kim, Alya and Nino, and Marinette. Chloe was, well, Chloe, and Nathanael said he couldn't turn up. 

But oh darling my heart's on fire  

Soft lights sparkling like stars in the dark, a campfire where marshmallows were being toasted, laughter and talking between old friends. It truly was a magical night, but... The only pair of eyes that weren't glittering were the pair that used to shine the brightest.

Oh darling my heart's on fire  

He was determined to change that.

Oh darling my heart's on fire
For you

And so he went up and addressed the crowd, with smiles and jokes and references to the old times. And he told them of his hobby. And he sat himself down and started to strum and sing. With every line, everyone was swaying, grins on their faces. 

"Well I don't know where and I don't know when
But I know we'll be lovers again."

Nino spun Alya around with a laugh, couple goals in the eyes of everyone as they danced, which was good considering Nino was going to propose to her in a couple of months. But Adrien had eyes only for the blunette who was beginning to shine.

"I'll see you some day before the end

I don't know where and I don't know when." 

She started to realise the song was about her after noticing his gentle gaze on her. Red flared in her cheeks, a shy smile gracing her lips as Adrien winked and turned his eyes away from her.

"Oh darling my heart's on fire

Oh darling my heart's on fire

Oh darling my heart's on fire."

He looked at her again to see she was the only one alone. Every couple had began to dance together, and she was the last one without a partner. So, with his heart in his throat, he gestured with his head to join him. And join him she did.

"You know those love songs break your heart.

You know those love songs break your heart.

You know those love songs break your heart."  

He grinned as she looked over the notes he had set behind him, reading through the lyrics as she settled herself on the floor next to his chair, leaning her head on his leg.

"Oh darling my heart's on fire
Oh darling my heart's on fire

Oh darling my heart's on fire."

Two beautiful voices mingled together in the air in perfect harmony, a sweet soprano on top of a mellow tenor. Heads turned, but they only smiled to see Marinette staring at a page and Adrien staring at her with such adoration and peace in his eyes. Those two were made for each other, and everyone knew it.

"Oh darling my heart's on fire

Oh darling my heart's on fire
Oh darling my heart's on fire."

"Oh darling my heart's on fire
For you."

Marinette's voice dropped out as Adrien finished off his song, feeling like she was no longer needed. But then she heard the sincerity in his voice, the truth behind his words.

"For you, oh."

In front of all their old classmates, all their oldest friends, Adrien smiled softly at Marinette, and kissed her cheek.

Marinette had always lived a good life. She had a loving family who were always there to support her, an amazing best friend who brought out the best in her, was well on her way to achieving her dreams and had enough of everything she needed. And now, she also had a loving boyfriend living with her in a quaint little house, with a cat and a hamster, and a sparkling ring of her left hand, fourth finger.

Fluff ~ <3

Sorry I've been inactive as of late, my mind is back in school mode and all that floats around up there are things I need to know for my school work. Creativity is running low, but this song is so cute it sparked my head back into work! And also sparked my heart, but you know, irrelevant. Hope you enjoyed!