hearts (souls part 2)

Just because I can.

The akuma was so close to your face. It didn't even have a name, it couldn't speak, all you knew was that the collar was the where the akuma was hiding. It was a huge, snarling, drooling, three-headed dog, and its teeth were less than an inch away from your face, and Chat was nowhere to be seen. 

You were scared.

For the first time as Ladybug, you were scared.

That was enough to get her to come out.

~*~

The dog lunged, aiming to practically rip her head apart, when all it got was a mouthful of air. Confused, it glanced around, before noticing a glow above it. Looking up, it whimpered at the sight of Ladybug hovering in the air, glowing, her eyes dark and her mouth twisted in a vicious smile.

"Well, well, well, look who was trying to hurt her." Her words were followed by a low cackle as she clenched her fists. 

Hawkmoth listened through the akumas ears, and was shocked to hear how different her voice was. He had expected her to be one of the Determined, but for her other half to be so different? And... her? 

"No-one hurts her, not when she's herself, not when she's Ladybug. After all, it'sour body you're hurting. We both feel the pain. I just don't break as easily." She leaned down, looking straight into the dog's black eyes. "You could say I'm made of LOVE." She leaned back with a sick smirk on her face. "And I'm stronger than you."

She floated slightly higher, her glow flared into a bright red, but the dog couldn't see that because it was colourblind, duh. Hawkmoth could see clearly. He'd be lying if he said he weren't scared, especially when she leaned back down.

"I'm coming for you Hawkmoth. I'm going to make you pay for hurting the one person I love." She grinned menacingly before leaping backwards into the air, and slammed into the ground with all her power.

Now, when the Determined use their full power, it is no small thing. In fact, it affects everything in a 30 kilometre radius. But only in a certain way. Bridgette knew she couldn't bring destruction and darkness like she wanted to. So she brought Marinette's light.

It used up some of her determination, when Bridgette tapped into her partner's heart. She would be weak when she came back. But... it would make her happy, to have saved instead of ruined. And all Bridgette wanted was her other half to be happy. 

All she ever wanted was for her to finally be okay.

~*~

You opened your eyes to be faced with... a perfectly... normal... city? What happened? Where's the akuma? 

Suddenly, you felt a wave of dizziness pass through you. You pressed a hand to your head, emitting a low moan and stumbling backwards. You would've fallen if it weren't for a body behind you, reaching out to catch you in his leather-clad arms. 

"Milady, you need to be careful with your other half." His soft voice was tinted with amusement and concern. You look up into his sparkling green eyes, but refrain from asking questions until you two were alone. 

Shaking your head to remove the haze, you notice everything was back to normal, including the akuma. The white butterfly was peacefully fluttering away, the only sign that anything were wrong. A child, presumably the previous akuma, was hugging a small puppy.

"L-let's go. We need to talk." You murmur, leaning slightly on Chat, as you still didn't feel steady on your feet. You feel him nod, and try to stand by yourself. However, you're still too weak, and stumble again, only for him to catch you again.

"I'll carry you. You're still too weak, but that's not surprising after what you just did." He mumbled the last part, so you almost didn't catch it, but when you did, you gave him a confused look. He didn't notice you, as he was pushing them up to their meeting place - the top of the Eiffel Tower.

He set you down, and you lowered yourself into a crouch before sitting down, arms hugging your knees to your chest. Silently, you watch him as he stares out over the city, watching him as he sighs and moves to sit next to you. When he looks over at you, however, you avoid his gaze.

"Chat... what happened? What did..." You trail off, hesitant to tel him her name but also unwilling to simply refer to Bridgette as 'her'.

"Bridgette do?" Your head snaps up to meet Chat's twinkling eyes, mouth open. He gives you a slight smirk as he continues. "She used her full power." Your eyes widen as you realise what that means. Frantically glancing around, you know that everything's here, everything's okay.

"But... she... everything's still here... she..." You tripped over your words, before you slap a hand over your mouth and suck in a gasp. "That's why I'm so weak..." You whisper, tears filling up in your eyes. Happy tears. Thankful tears. 

Chat didn't understand, but you knew he knew who you were. Oh, it didn't really matter. There's no going back. 

"She... she did it for me. You don't understand, Chat, true power should be destruction, but she used my power instead because she knew it would be what I wanted..." You broke into a huge smile, standing up and throwing your arms out, radiating happiness. Because even if no-one else cared, Bridgette always would. "Thank you, Bridgette!" You yelled joyfully at the top of your lungs.

And deep inside, you swore you heard a light chuckle, you swore you could feel arms wrapping around you, and you swore you heard a 'You're welcome, love.'

I ain't explaining the LOVE thing (it's an acronym in Undertale for Level Of ViolencE) I put it in there

I was originally gonna do a reveal of Chat/Adrien, but decided that fluff between Marinette and Bridgette, however weird, was too cute to spoil <3 And this was only meant to be short anyway.

YEAH BYE