Nino

Nino Lahiffe blew through his bubble wand, watching the sphere of soap glisten in the sunlight before it popped abruptly. He stood in the courtyard, leaning against a cement pillar as he waited for his friend. However, two new arrivals to the school caught his attention. 

"Adrien, huh? I'm Alya. Nice to meet you! Now, let's find someone to show us around..." A brunette with dyed ends was dragging around a blonde boy with a bemused expression, studying everyone's faces curiously. "Uhh... you! Hey!" She caught sight of Nino and apparently decided he was worthy of showing them around, dashing towards him while pulling the blonde behind him. 

"Sup. You two are the new dudes, right?" Nino pushed up the brim of his cap with a thumb and extended a hand. "I'm Nino."

"Alya and Adrien. Nice to meet you!" Alya shook his hand first, a wide grin on her face. Adrien shook his hand second, a friendly smile on his face.

"Same to you, dudes. Welcome to-"

"NINO!"

The three's heads whipped around simultaneously, rather hilariously to be honest, to see a grey and pink and white blur jump at Nino, causing him to spin around with a laugh. The blur turned out to be a short girl, blue-black hair and eyes bluer than the crystal clear ocean. Her plush, pink lips were open in bubbly laughter as she hugged Nino, feet off the ground. Alya and Adrien watched in confused amusement as the two friends greeted each other.

"Mar-bear! How was Shanghai? How's your grandma?" He grinned, setting the petit girl on the ground. She bounced on the balls of her feet, excitedly beaming.

"She's great! In fact, she even remembered you aaand..." Dragging out the last word, she held out a large white bag, a huge, giddy smile on her face. "She remembered how you like filming..."

Nino gasped, grabbing the bag and reaching in it to pull out a box that held a... "A professional camera! Marinette Dupain-Cheng, your grandma is awesome!" 

She flipped her midnight blue hair, well, tried to, tied up into childishly cute twin tails as it was. "I know. Runs in the family." Throwing him a dazzling, smug smile, she turned to the two new people. "Hi! I'm Marinette, nice to meet you!"

Alya, snickering slightly at Adrien's adorable starstruck look as he stared at the pretty, bubbly girl. "I'm Alya, this dork is Adrien." She saved her new friend, snickering again as he nodded absently, eyes still trained on Marinette.

Nino chuckled, watching Adrien jerk out of his reverie and embarrassed, rubbed the back of his neck while a red flush crept up his neck with an awkward laugh. He watched as Marinette blushed lightly but giggled, holding out her fist. Adrien blinked at it, confused.

"You pound it." She explained, and when she got no reaction, she held it out to Nino, who met it with a fist of his own. "See? It's a greeting. Sometimes you do this, but only if you're feeling it." She then opened her hand to mimic an explosion and copied the sound. "Try it!" She again held out a fist to Adrien. He smiled and bumped it with his own, before mimicking an explosion. Marinette erupted into giggles, enticing a laugh from the blonde boy too. 

Alya, meanwhile, had been watching while leaning on her newest friend, Nino. She smirked, tipping her head towards him. "Wanna bet they're dating by the end of the year?"

Nino scoffed. "Please. It'll definitely be by the end of the first semester." 

"50 euros."

"Deal."

~*~

Nino watched again the video on the newly founded Ladyblog, set up by the lovely Alya, in awe as the two new heroes took down the villain. It was like a comic book! Now all it needed was his best friend under the mask!