Boy

Alya, Rose, Juleka and Alix were worried for Marinette. Ever since she started dating Pierre, a model who had recently transferred, she had been a lot more tired and temperamental. And she would come in with red eyes, years streaked cheeks, and sometimes a bruise on her arm. She always said she was fine, that she just fell again, but now it was getting suspicious when there was a bruise around her wrist.

So the four girls had decided to intervene subtly. Or, not so subtly. There was a concert coming up, and the students could perform. Alya had asked Nino to help them out.

They were about to go up on stage. Marinette was there, but so was Pierre. Adrien had promised to keep a close eye on the two.

Alya took a deep breath. "Thanks for doing this, guys." The other three waved her off.

"Of course, Alya. We all care about Marinette, and we hate to see her like this." Alix placed a hand on Alya's shoulder comfortingly. "If this doesn't work, we'll straight up tell her to break up with him and maybe get a restraining order." Alya nodded and smiled. 

"Alright. Let's do this."

~*~

Marinette was tired, but she had to be here for Alya and the girls. Even if it meant Pierre would be here too. Stop that! She scolded herself. He's not the problem, you are! Okay, so maybe Pierre had done some terrible things to her mental health. And she wasn't eating enough (because he said she was too fat). So, as a consequence, she was constantly drained.

"Do you remember what he said?
I do. He told you he'd never ever hurt you
Oh, here we go again
Another breakup, make up.
When you gonna wake up
?" Alya's voice cut through her thoughts. She looked up with her big blue eyes to see her staring straight at Marinette, and instantly the blue-haired girl pales slightly. This song.

"I'm gon' be the one to call him out
Look how many times he let you down
When's he gonna learn to be a real man

I'll be the one to say you're beautiful

One more word, he never said at all
I'm just sayin' you need to go," Alix joins in, again, looking directly at Marinette. Her bluebell eyes widen as she realizes what they're doing.

"Forget that boy, forget that boy
I know a bad boy ain't good enough for you
You're holding back tears in your eyes
That boy wanna fight
But I never see him fighting for you
He'll never realize what he's got until it's gone
And he'll lose you forever
Girl, you'll be alright, forget that boy
." All of them sing the chorus and Pierre doesn't notice their gazes all on the girl beside him.

"Girl, don't you know you set the tone?
I'll make you stop that, fight back
He won't get away with that
Look who's ringing up your phone
You wanna call back, leave that
Ain't nobody got time for that
." Juleka this time takes centre stage. Her purple eyes meet Marinette's and she gives her a sad smile.

"It's funny how the tables turn
When he's the one who's left at home
You'll find your own real man and go,

Forget that boy, forget that boy
I know a bad boy ain't good enough for you
You're holding back tears in your eyes
That boy wanna fight
But I never see him fighting for you
He'll never realize what he's got until it's gone
And he'll lose you forever
Girl, you'll be alright, forget that boy
." All four sing and Marinette's eyes dart from one to the next.

"See what you're worth, girl
Look what you've got
He knows you're out of his league
If he likes it or not.

I know what you're worth, girl
You know what you got
We know you're out of his league
If he likes it or not
." Rose joins in, her voice strong as her eyes captured Marinette's. Marinette's mind was a whirlwind, trying to decide what to do. It wasn't possible that he was the problem, right? He was a model, he was perfect, he could do no wrong, but... 

"Likes it or not!" Alya jolted her out of her mind and Marinette suddenly found strength in Alya's strong eyes. She would ditch him. She didn't care if he was the problem or she was, she didn't need him.

"Forget that boy, forget that boy
I know a bad boy ain't good enough for you
You're holding back tears in your eyes
That boy wanna fight
But I never see him fighting for you
He'll never realize what he's got until it's gone
And he'll lose you forever
Girl, you'll be alright, forget that boy.

That boy, that boy

I know what you're worth, girl
You know what you got
We know you're out of his league
If he likes it or not 

Likes it or not

Girl, you'll be alright, forget that boy, haah."

A pissed, heartbroken, tired, hungry Marinette is not a safe Marinette to try to manipulate. Pierre ended up with a broken nose that night. The four girls, Alya, Alix, Rose and Juleka were proud of her, and ecstatic when Adrien kissed her.

Adrienette was real, and Marinette was finally with a boy who could make her happy. 

I am very much not proud of this. I originally planned this to be longer and more feels, but I didn't know how so I quickly ended it here. I'm sorry for the crap chapter, better ones are coming (yeah so's Christmas) (shut up me) (I'm talking to myself now) (Weirdo) (You just called yourself a weirdo) (If I called myself a weirdo then it's true!) (Idiot) (I'ma stop now)

Yeah, don't know what that was, bye