Chapter 2

After school Danny went over to Adam's house.

"Are you staying for dinner?" Adam's mom asked.

"No Ms. Smith. Thanks though," Danny replied, putting his backpack down by the door.

"You boys have fun," She said as Adam and Danny raced up the stairs.

"When does your dad get home?" Danny asked.

"Around 5," Adam replied.

"I have to leave at 5 then," Danny explained.

"I know," Adam smiled as he pulled out a board game.

"Really? Candyland?" Danny laughed. Adam nodded and began setting up the game.

"I want to be the blue gingerbread man," Adam stated, looking into Danny's pale blue eyes.

"I get to be the green one," Danny replied, looking into Adam's jungle green eyes.

"Perfect," Adam said in a whisper so softly that Danny wasn't sure he even said it. Adam looked back down at the game board in an effort to keep his stomach from fluttering anymore than it already was.

Danny smiled as he watched Adam set up the game. He seemed focused. His shaggy brown hair fell slightly into his face and he brushed it away carefully. Danny took in every aspect of Adam's face. His jungle cat-like eyes, his small nose, his full lips, and his delicate jaw all made Danny want Adam so much more. He wished Adam's father never had to come home. That way, they could be together, in any way they wanted.

"Danny?" Adam called.

"What? Yeah. Sorry," Danny blushed, hoping Adam hadn't noticed.

"Are you ok?" Adam asked, looking into his eyes, hypnotizing him to look longer than he should.

"Yeah, just a little bored," Danny admitted. Adam laughed and pushed Danny gently.

"You wouldn't be bored if you took your turn," Adam explained. Danny laughed and picked up a card. He moved his piece to the first green square he saw and smiled. Adam blushed.

The game was over almost as soon as it began. Before either boy had a chance to think, they were wrestling each other and laughing.

"Danny! The game!" Adam exclaimed as Danny accidently kicked the pieces onto the floor.

"Oh no! You shall never get free! No amount of gingerbread men shall protect you!" Danny laughed. Adam picked up one of the cards that had flown across the room and waved it in front of Danny's face.

"The gingerbread men may not save me but Gloppy will!" Adam shouted. Danny gasped, grabbed his chest and fell down on his back for a fake death. "AHHAHAHA I AM THE MASTER!" Adam exclaimed as he got on top of Danny, pinning him to the floor.

"What is all this noise?" Adam's mother asked, opening the door to the room. "Adam! Get off of him right now!"

"We were just playing mom," Adam explained.

"Well it didn't look like any playing I'd approve of!" She yelled. Danny blushed and Adam went pale. His mother pulled him out of the room by his ear. "What if it were your father who opened the door instead of me? What would you do then?"

"Calm down. We weren't doing anything!" Adam protested as he rubbed his sore ear. His mother shook her head and went back downstairs.

"I'm sorry," Danny apologized. Adam smiled slightly.

"My mom always thinks everything's sexual. It's not your fault. You should probably get going. My dad will be back soon," Adam explained. Danny nodded and left. It was in his best interest to leave before Mr. Smith got back.