Part 3 - Chapter 6

Danny decided it was best to leave Adam alone for the day, so he could calm down. He sighed, wishing that Adam could understand that if they had a baby, everything would be different.

They wouldn't be able to spend as much time together, especially because Adam's attention would be divided. He didn't want to share Adam with anyone, not even a baby. The baby wouldn't make life any easier. Everyone would look at them with more disgust than they have now.

He shook his head and started to make his bed on the couch. Adam hadn't even made a sound, let alone came downstairs, since the fight. Danny had tried to call him to dinner but Adam hadn't responded. He laid down on the couch and pulled the blanket up to his chin. He felt cold for the first time since his wedding night. He tossed and turned for what felt like hours before a small voice caught his attention.

"Danny?" Danny looked up to see Adam standing by the stairs, looking at him sadly.

"Yes?" Danny answered, keeping his voice soft so Adam wouldn't think he was still mad.

"Are you sleeping down here?" Adam asked, looking at Danny like a wounded puppy.

"Do you want me to?" Danny asked, sitting up to better look at Adam.

"No," Adam admitted. He smiled as Danny rose to his feet.

"I'm sorry I yelled," Danny apologized, held his arms out for a hug.

"I'm sorry I overreacted," Adam sighed into Danny's shoulder. He nuzzled his face into Danny's shoulder as if he couldn't get closer enough.

"Let's go to bed," Danny suggested. Adam nodded and they went up to their room.

Danny laid down first and Adam followed behind, laying his head onto Danny's chest.

"We don't have to have a baby if you're not ok with it. It's ok," Adam sighed, looking up at Danny's tired eyes.

"Just give me time to think. Ok?" Danny pleaded. Adam nodded and snuggled up to Danny, kissing his cheek gently.

"Goodnight. I love you," Adam whispered.

"I love you too," Danny replied as sleep engulfed him. He was happy that Adam was on his side for now.