Chapter 23

"I know," Adam replied. Danny smiled and kissed Adam gently. 

"Want to play a video game?" Danny asked. Adam nodded and they began to play. A few hours later, it was dinner time.

They both went downstairs to eat.

"Danny there's something I have to tell you," Danny's mom said.

"What's up Ma?" Danny asked between bites of his mac-n-cheese.

"I got called in for the night shift tonight so I have to leave soon. Can you make sure to feed the cats please?" she asked.

"Of course I can Ma," Danny replied, smiling. Chance mewed and rubbed against his leg.

"Where's Jake?" Adam asked.

"Sleeping. He loves to sleep," she explained. Adam smiled and continued eating. A few minutes later Danny's mother left. Danny did the dishes and Adam cleaned the table.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Danny asked.

"Sure, which movie?" Adam asked.

"Any movie," Danny replied as he dried his hands.

"Ok," Adam smiled.

Danny set up the movie and they both sat on the couch. Danny pulled Adam close and snuggled up to him.

"I love you," Danny whispered.

"I know," Adam replied without looking away from the screen.

"Why don't you ever say it back?" Danny asked.

"I don't know," Adam shrugged, turning to look at Danny.

"Can you say it?" Danny asked, blushing at how childish he sounded.

"Why does it even matter?" Adam asked.

"Because I want to make sure you love me," Danny explained.

"I do," Adam whispered. Danny smiled slightly. They finished the movie and went upstairs to get ready for bed. Danny pulled out the trundle bed and laid blankets on it. Adam sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the floor.

"What's wrong?" Danny asked.

"Can we play a board game?" Adam asked. Danny nodded and pulled out the games he had. "Checkers" "Chutes and Ladders" and "Monopoly".

"Which game?" Danny asked. Adam chose Chutes and Ladders. They played seriously for a little while before Adam started sliding down the ladders for fun.

"Hahahaha! I have done it! I have reached the highest ladder! Now I must climb it!" Adam laughed.

"Hahaha! Play right," Danny laughed.

"Why don't you make me," Adam suggested. Danny's eyes narrowed and his lips curved into a playful smile.