Part 3 - Chapter 1

Adam looked up at the wall above the couch and smiled at the pictures. They had so many pictures. Adam's favorite was their wedding picture. Danny still had a tear sliding down his cheek but he was smiling as their lips were frozen together. Adam always liked pictures. It was amazing to look back at a moment that had been frozen into a small square.

"Adam! I'm home!" Danny called. Adam smiled as he flew towards the door, leaping into Danny's arms. Danny was surprised, staggering back a little bit managing to keep his balance.

"How was work?" Adam asked, kissing his cheek lovingly.

"It was great. I taught the kids how to finger paint today," Danny smiled. He was an art teacher at an elementary school and he loved every second of it. That was the whole reason they moved to Wyoming.

"Were they any good?" Adam asked, pushing a strand of Danny's golden blonde hair out of his face and behind his ear.

"I thought they all were very unique," Danny laughed, his ocean eyes gleaming.

"What do you want for dinner?" Adam asked. Danny shrugged. He took Adam's hand and kissed it, exactly where his ring was.

"Do you have anything special for tonight?" Danny asked playfully.

"No not really. Just a wedding anniversary," Adam teased, pushing Danny lightly. They both laughed.

"How long's it been?" Danny asked with a smile. Adam smirked.

"Three years Mr. Smarty pants!" He answered. Danny smiled as he kissed Adam sweetly.

"Actually. It's Mr. Foster to you," Danny retorted, earning a playful shove from Adam.

"Well then Mr. Foster, would you mind accompanying me to dinner this evening?" Adam asked confidently.

"I'm not sure. I'll have to ask my husband. Adam?" Danny laughed.

"If it's up to me then we're going since I made the reservations last month," Adam explained. He kissed Danny deeply, ending the game immediately.

"Adam...," Danny pulled away, causing Adam to cast him a confused glance. "I have something for you."

"You broke our romantic moment to say you got me something?" Adam whined, looking at Danny with slight annoyance.

"Well, you still have to pick it out," Danny explained.

"I have to pick it out?" Adam asked. He was slightly offended as to why Danny couldn't just pick it out himself.

"Well I don't know which kitten you want," Danny replied, matter-of-factly.

Adam's face lit up like a Christmas tree. "I can get a cat?"

"Of course you can. I bought all the stuff for it. That's all in the truck. We just have to pick it out," Danny smiled. Adam had been asking for a cat for months.

"Why'd you change your mind?" Adam asked.

"I saw you looking longingly at the kittens the other day. I want you to have anything you want," Danny explained. Adam jumped up and down excitedly. He placed a small peck on Danny's cheek before rushing out to the truck.

"Well? Are you coming or not?" Adam asked. He looked like he was about to take off down the road, with or without the keys. Danny couldn't help but laugh. He loved making Adam happy.