Part 2 - Chapter 3

Danny was ecstatic. Today was the day to pick out a suit. The wedding was a whole nine months away now! He couldn't wait. Soon he'd be married and he'd have a cute little step-son. Everything was going the way he wanted it to.

"My baby's finally going to let me put a suit on him," his mother gushed.

"Sure sure," Danny laughed. He had dreamed about this moment his whole life. All he ever wanted was to marry Adam. No! Matt!! He was marrying Matt. 'Stop it Danny. We can't crack up again,' he thought to himself as he smiled at his mom.

"How about that one?" She asked, pointing at a black suit. Danny nodded and went to try it on. It was perfect. The suit slimmed him and framed his body perfectly. It was all black, no weird lines, and had the cutest black bow.

As soon as Danny stepped out of the dressing room, his mother began to cry. "It looks perfect honey!"

"Ma? What's wrong?" Danny asked, kneeling down to look into her eyes.

"You look just like your father," she replied as tears flew down her face. She still missed him. Danny's father had died in a car accident when he was only three. His mother never talked about him much so he'd never known she still cried about him.

"Well that's no reason to cry Ma," Danny soothed.

"I know, these are happy tears. Not sad ones," she replied with a smile. "It's your big day. I'm happy for you!"

Danny smiled and pulled her into a tight hug. "I love you, Ma."

"I love you too," she replied. Danny changed back into his clothes and paid for the suit. He couldn't wait until the day he could finally wear it. Life was amazing. "Did you take your medicine today?"

"Yes, Ma. Why? Do I seem upset?" He asked, slightly nervous. He always made sure to take his antidepressants. No matter what thoughts ran through his head in the morning, with the pills, they'd be gone by the afternoon.

"No. I just wanted to make sure," she replied with a slight smile. Danny knew she was still scared. She thought he'd check out one day.

"Don't worry Ma. I'm not going anywhere," he promised as he leaned forward to kiss her cheek.

"Your kitties miss you. When are you going to visit them?" She asked.

"Maybe later Ma," Danny replied, avoiding her gaze. He couldn't look at the kittens that were only his because of Adam. Adam wasn't supposed to exist anymore. Danny couldn't let himself sink again. He had to forget him. Forever.