Chapter 27

"Uhm," Adam started as he stared at Danny. He was shocked. What could he say? That he wasn't ready for it? That he didn't want to? That his father would kill him 100 different ways? He didn't want to hurt Danny but, it seemed like Danny was trying to force him to. He loved Danny, more than he'd ever know but he couldn't marry him. The more Adam thought, the longer Danny knelt and the more hope faded from Danny's eyes.

Before Adam could think anymore, he was crying. Danny scooped Adam up and held him tight.

"Are you ok?" Danny asked, concern plastered on his face.

"I'm fine," Adam sobbed. He kissed Danny's cheek and smiled as wide as he could.

"I didn't mean to make you cry," Danny explained. Adam nodded his head  as more tears fell from his face. He wanted to marry Danny, he really did. He was just so scared of his father's reaction. If his father knew he'd be furious. He wasn't ready for that. Adam looked into Danny's eyes and Danny wiped his tears away.

"Yes," Adam whispered.

"What?" Danny asked, confused. Did Adam just agree to marry him?

"As long as my father doesn't know, then yes," Adam replied. Danny smiled as he brought his lips to Adam's. He didn't want to be a secret forever, but for now he was ok with it. For now, Danny was content with being Adam's secret.