Chapter 16

'No! Oh no! I'm-what am I doing?' Adam thought. He wasn't supposed to be here with his mouth connected to Danny's. His father would disown him if he knew!

Yet here he stood, with his lips connected to Danny's. He put his hand on Danny's face as Danny wrapped his arms around his waist. His heart was pounding. It was like the feeling you get after seeing fireworks, the excitement of the colors and the fear of the noise.

Danny couldn't believe it! His lips were on Adam's! Danny's mind was racing. Should he be doing this? Should he stop? 'No. He's kissing me back...that means something right?' Danny thought, as he breathed into Adam.

"Danny..." Adam started, pulling away from him.

"Did I do something wrong?" Danny asked, feeling sick.

"I-I think I..." Adam tried but the words he wanted to say were lost.

"What?" Danny said. He felt like he was going to vomit. Adam reached down to grab Danny's hand. Danny watched as their fingers slowly intertwined.

"Adam?" Danny asked, his head spinning with things he wanted to say. 'Are you sure?' he thought.

"I'm sure," Adam replied, smiling wide the way he knew Danny loved. Danny smiled back, pulling Adam close again. "We can't tell my dad," Adam begged.

"I wouldn't tell your dad if my life depended on it," Danny promised. Adam smiled and squeezed Danny's hand. As long as his father didn't know, they could be together....right?