Part 2 - Chapter 5

"Danny what kind of flowers?" Matt asked. It was like everyday they had a new choice to make.

"Uhhhhh I don't know. Which ones do you want?" Danny answered.

"How about Lilacs?" Matt asked with a sly smile. Danny froze. Lilacs. That was Adam's favorite flower.

"Lilacs are fine," Danny smiled. He had let Adam screw up his graduation but he would not allow him to screw up his wedding.

"It's only 8 months away now," Matt whispered into Danny's ear.

"I know," Danny smiled. He kissed Matt gently. Matt smiled.

"Soon we'll have a family," Matt reminded him.

"I can't wait," Danny smiled. He was happy. He would be married soon and afterwards Ryder would be able to come home. Everything would be ok.

"What do you say we celebrate?" Matt asked, raising his eyebrow. Danny knew that sign. Matt was aiming to go upstairs.

"Alright then," Danny replied, trying not to let memories slip behind the wall he had built. Without hesitation, Matt swept Danny off his feet and they were upstairs in seconds.

Afterwards Matt got called into work. Danny lay in bed, wondering how different his life would be after marriage.

Would he have to give up his dreams? Would he have what it takes to be a parent? Could he fully forget Adam?