Part 2 - Chapter 22

Danny walked up the steps to the church. It was August 3rd, the day him and Matt were supposed to be wed. His heart ached, he missed Matt. Adam was waiting in the car. No one was coming, he had already cancelled the wedding. He just wanted to visit the church that was supposed to mark his future.

"You can still get married you know," Adam's voice made Danny jump. He hadn't heard him get out of the car.

"I know. Not today though," Danny replied. Today was for him and Matt. He wasn't going to steal Matt's big day too. "There's something you should know."

"What is it?" Adam asked.

"I got a job offer in Wyoming. I want to take it," Danny explained, looking at Adam for the disappointment he saw in Matt's eyes.

"Ok, when do you want to leave?" Adam questioned, surprising Danny.

"Are you serious?" Danny asked. He had never expected Adam to be ok with moving. 

"Yeah. I'll go anywhere you want to. Besides, it's not like I have anything to hold me in California," Adam explained with a smile. Danny smiled as he hugged Adam tightly. "Did you really think I'd leave you again?"

"I hoped you wouldn't," Danny admitted. Adam frowned.

"Fine. I'll prove it to you," Adam smiled slyly. Danny was confused. How would Adam prove it to him?

They went to Adam's hotel room and Adam got on the computer. Danny didn't understand what Adam was doing. The day went on and Adam had been running back and forth from the hall to the room. He hadn't told Danny what was going on. Adam's phone was ringing off the hook. Danny laid down that night, alone. Adam was on the phone. What was he doing?