Chapter 22

Another week had passed since they had tried to kiss 'properly.' Their relationship had continued as usual and it seemed that they were both content with taking their kisses short and slow.

"Are you still spending the night?" Danny asked as he threw his book bag over his shoulder.

"Yeah, of course I am," Adam replied, closing his locker. Danny smiled and they walked down the hallway toward the exit. When they got to Danny's house, his mother was dancing around with the music blasting.

"Are you ok Ma?" Danny asked. His mother laughed and pulled him into the living room to dance. Danny smiled as he moved his hips from left to right to the beat of the song. Adam watched from the doorway and smiled. Danny looked amazing.

"Come on Adam!" Danny's mother called, taking his hand and pulling him into a dance. Adam laughed as Danny danced as goofy as he could, just to make Adam smile. The phone rang and suddenly, Danny's mother had turned off the radio and rushed into the kitchen.

"I wonder what's up with her," Danny wondered aloud. Adam shrugged. Danny leaned down and kissed Adam's cheek. "Come on, I want to show you something."

Adam was confused as he walked up the stairs to Danny's room. What could Danny possibly have to show him?

"Look," Danny said. Adam looked at Danny in disbelief. When he looked straight into Danny's room he could see an easel set up. On the easel was a painting of Adam on a  roundabout. He was smiling as if there weren't any problems in the world.

"Did you do that?" Adam asked.

"Yes," Danny beamed. He was so proud of himself.

"You got everything right, even my bracelet," Adam gasped. He was astonished. He didn't even know he could paint.

"I never wanted to forget your smile," Danny explained.

"Why?" Adam asked.

"Because," Danny explained, "I love you."