Part 2 - Chapter 1

Five years had passed since Adam had left. Danny had spent 3 of those years at New Beginnings Rehabilitation Center for his chronic depression. His mother had signed him in there after she came home to find him slitting his wrist at the bathroom sink. He was a mess when Adam had left. He felt like he had reached the bottom and there was no point in getting back up.

While in the center he met Matt Reed. He was 20 years old and had a son, Ryder. Matt had been hospitalized for his drug problems but through it all had managed to help him as well as himself. During his time at the hospital, he had met many people. One that he would never forget was Nick Watson. He was his room-mate in the hospital.

Nick had sat there and listened to his story while Danny lost it. Nick was always there to make sure Danny didn't go over the deep end again. While in the hospital, Danny attempted suicide twice more. Thankfully, he was saved both times.

Danny smiled. Today was the day he was finally going to move on from Adam. Him and Matt had just set their wedding date. August 3rd. That was a whole ten months away. Danny couldn't wait.

His life was great. He woke up every morning with a man who loved him like no other. He got to see the sun rise and set. He was so happy to be alive. He was always happy that his mother walked into the bathroom when she did.

Like every morning, Danny dialed his mother's number and hit call. It rang three times before she picked up.

"Hello my son," she said cheerfully.

"Hello my Ma," Danny greeted.

"What are you two up to today?" she asked.

"Nothing really. Matt has work at noon and I have to leave in two hours. I think he made breakfast. I smell bacon," Danny rambled. He smiled when he heard a plate crash. That man was so clumsy.

"You two are so adorable," she gushed. Danny laughed. "Now go eat the breakfast your loving husband made you."

"Ok Ma," Danny laughed, "I love you."

"I love you too honey," she replied, hanging up the phone. Danny smiled as he got ready for work before heading downstairs.

"Hey baby," Matt said, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey," Danny smiled, blushing. This wasn't the first time Matt had cooked breakfast but it still made Danny feel special. "It looks wonderful."

"Only the best for you," Matt smiled. They sat down and ate breakfast together, like they had for the past year.

Danny worked at the Dollar Store down the road from his house. After work he had to write an essay for his online college. He couldn't wait. All he had to do was pass his classes with flying colors for another few months and he'd be able to graduate. Yes, it was a year early but he made sure to double up on his classes while he was in the hospital.

When it came time for him to leave for work, Matt was already at the door. "I'll see you tonight."

"Ok, be safe," Danny replied, kissing Matt on the cheek.

"I love you," Matt confessed as Danny walked out the door. 

Danny smiled before saying, "I love you too."