Part 3 - Chapter 13

Danny rushed home as fast as he could. Adam had called him at work. They had gotten an email about a child. He shook with excitement as he burst through the front door.

"Adam! What's it say?"

"Here!" Adam thrust the laptop to Danny excitedly. Danny read the email with anticipation.

"Dear Mr. and Mr. Foster,

My name is Brandy Anne Stevens and I'm 16 and pregnant. Ew, I just sounded like I was at a meeting for drug addicts. Sorry, I'm really nervous. I should start by saying that the father of the baby doesn't want anything to do with me or the baby. I don't have any way to care for the baby since I can barely take care of myself. So, I was looking at the agency's profiles of families looking for a baby. I was so happy to see you guys on there. You two seem perfect. I'm eight months along and I'm in desperate need of someone to adopt the baby. I'd like to meet you guys as soon as possible to sign all the papers. I'd like it to be a closed adoption. I don't want to see the baby again, as mean as that sounds. I swear I don't mean to be rude, I just want the baby to have a good life, and to consider you their family. I don't want them to think that I didn't want them, I just can't take care of them on my own. So, if you could please respond to my email as quickly as possible, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandy Anne"

"Oh my God!" Danny screamed. He couldn't believe it.

"We're going to be parents!" They both yelled, embracing each other. Danny kissed Adam as sweetly as he could but they both couldn't contain their smiles. They crashed their lips against each other repeatedly, each kiss deeper than the other. Adam placed a hand on Danny's chest, pushing him away gently.

"We have to respond to her."

"We can respond in a little bit. I propose we celebrate a little." Danny kissed Adam again, pulling him as close as possible.

"I second that." Danny smiled as he led the way upstairs.

Adam lay next to Danny, breathing heavily. Danny smiled contently, trying to catch his breath. "I love you." Danny whispered.

"I love you too." They lay in silence for awhile, snuggling closely. Adam fell asleep shortly after and Danny watched him. He smiled as he imagined their growing family. He could almost see their baby, wrapped up in a yellow blanket, laying in it's cradle. He watched as the child grew. Danny fell asleep to the sound of his child's laughter.