Chapter 20

They got to school on time and vowed to meet up at lunch. It had become a normal thing. Everyday Charlie, Adam, and Danny would meet up at the steps for lunch. Randy's taunts were rare and soon, no one used the steps during lunch. This was their sanctuary.

"Adam, how'd you do on your math test yesterday?" Charlie asked.

"I probably bombed it. I suck at math. Someone is too distracting," Adam replied, looking up at Danny with a smirk. Danny smiled triumphantly.

"Yeah, I am pretty damn awesome," Danny stated.

"I would hope so. Only the best for my Adam!" Charlie gushed.

"Your Adam?" Danny asked, offended.

"Oh please, not like that. He's my best guy friend ever! He deserves to date the awesome people. That's why I support you both. You're perfect for each other," Charlie defended herself, looking at Danny with adoration.

"Relax, you're the only one I see," Adam flirted. Danny smiled and pressed his lips onto Adam's.

"I love you," Danny confessed, looking into Adam's eyes.

"I know," Adam smiled.

"Ew!" Charlie shrieked.

"What?" Danny asked.

"Adam, say it back! Come on! Don't leave us hanging!" Charlie demanded.

"I will. Later," Adam replied, looking uncomfortable. How could he admit to Danny that he loved him if he could barely admit it to himself.

"It's ok. You don't have to," Danny replied, smiling at Adam. Hey, if a kiss was all he could get out of the relationship, he was cool with it. A kiss was better than nothing. Although, an 'I love you' is better than everything. Still, he was just going to take what he could get.

"You two are so weird," Charlie stated.

"How are we weird?" Danny asked.

"You don't say 'I love you,' or even kiss properly. You've probably never had sex! It's just so weird! It's been what? Two months now?" Charlie asked.

"Charlie!" Adam exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Danny asked, looking at Adam with confusion. Adam shrugged his shoulders.

"Everyone knows that the two week line is when 'I love you' is said and the week after that is when you kiss properly," Charlie explained.

"We kiss fine," Adam stated, stubbornly. 

"No. You guys peck each other on the lips. I mean romantically kiss," she explained, looking at the boys in annoyance. "Do you guys really not know this?"

"Well we can't in public," Adam explained.

"Why not? Everyone already knows," Danny asked.

"I don't know," Adam replied.

"Do you not want to?" Danny asked.

"I just don't know how," Adam explained, looking ashamed.

"You two are hopeless. I'll teach you. Come to my house tomorrow after school," Charlie suggested.

"How are you going to teach us?" Danny asked, looking slightly disturbed.

"Don't doubt my teaching skills. Just be there tomorrow," Charlie replied with a sly smile.