Chapter 26

Before Adam could respond Danny's mom called up the stairs.

"We should probably get dressed," Adam suggested. Danny nodded and got up, wrapping the blanket around his waist. Adam smirked as he watched Danny walk across the room and into the bathroom. Moments later Adam heard the shower start.

He smiled and got up. He pulled on his clothes and went downstairs. Danny's mother was busy cooking breakfast.

"Good morning," He greeted.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" she asked while flipping the pancakes.

"Yeah," he replied. Danny came downstairs moments later and sat down at the table.

"Hi Ma," he greeted.

"Good morning Danny," she replied as she placed plates in front of them. After breakfast they went to the park.

"Adam," Danny began, "I have something for you."

"What?" Adam asked. Danny looked so nervous. It made Adam uneasy.

"I know it's only been 3 months, and I know we just had sex but, I love you. I really do. We've known each other since 3rd grade and I just feel like it's ok if we move a little fast. I know you're afraid of what your father will think but, you'll be 18 in a month. We can do whatever we want then. I don't really have a lot of money and I was going to do this regardless of if we had sex. I love you so much and I want to spend my entire life waking up next to you." Danny got down on one knee as Adam gasped.

"Will you, Adam David Smith, marry me?"