Chapter 29

*********WARNING**********LOTS OF GAY BASHING*******I'M SO SORRY*********WARNING*****

"Adam!" his father yelled as his fist connected with Adam's cheek.

"What the hell?" Adam screamed, jolting awake. He looked at his dad, who's face was cold and angry.

"What the hell? WHAT THE HELL? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS PICTURE DOING ON MY FUCKING FRONT STEP?" his father roared, throwing a crumpled ball at Adam. Adam un-crumpled the ball and looked at the picture. It was the picture Randy had taken months ago. Adam's mouth was connected to Danny's and they were both laughing.

"You sick son-of-a-bitch! You fucking ass sucking queer!!! What the hell is wrong with you? You fucking homo loving faggot!! You dick-loving, asshole-sucking, disgrace of a son! I wish you had never been born! I hate you and you aren't my son! You make me sick! Is this really what your grandmother would have wanted? You to be just like the guy who killed her? You're sick! I hope you and your butt-hugging son-of-a-bitch boyfriend rot in fucking hell!" his father bellowed.

"He was drunk! The man got drunk and ran a red light! That's why she died! Not because of who he was with!" Adam retorted, his eyes glaring with fury.

"You don't have the motha-fuckin' right to talk to me anymore you stupid queer!" his father screamed. Adam's eyes were wide as his father's fist swung at him, hitting him in the eye. Adam let out a small cry of pain and fell onto his bed. He put a hand up to his face and looked up at the man he once called 'father'.

"I am NOT any of those things you've called me! I. AM. GAY. That's it! I'm GAY!" Adam yelled, smiling to himself. He had finally admitted it to the one man he was afraid of. He pushed past his dad, grabbed his phone off of his dresser, and left the room.

He could still hear his father cursing from the living room.

"Where are you going?" his mother asked softly, as if she was afraid of him.

"I'm leaving. I won't be coming back, ever," Adam warned, "Don't call me and don't look for me. I needed you and you sat there and listened without ever stepping forward to stop him! You let him hurt me! You let him! For that, I'll never forgive you!"

Adam walked down the street and called for an uber. He was grateful to have opened his bank account years ago. He had a pretty decent amount in the bank. He calculated that he'd be fine for at least a couple of weeks. He should have a job by then. 

Suddenly, he remembered the one person that mattered. Danny. He was going to leave Danny all alone. 'Maybe,' Adam thought, 'he'll come with me.' He walked the rest of the way to Danny's and knocked lightly on the door.

Danny's mom answered moments later. "Hi Adam. Danny's still asleep. What happened to your face? Are you ok?"

"I'm ok. Can you please get Danny please?" Adam asked. She rushed up the stairs and Adam waited on the porch.

"What do you mean he has bruises?" He heard Danny yelled from the hallway. Danny appeared in the doorway in seconds looking very concerned.

"Hi Danny," Adam greeted as he looked into those blue eyes, hoping Danny would go with him.

"Adam? Oh my God! What happened to your face?" Danny demanded, turning Adam's face to the side so he could see the true nature of the bruise.

"I'm fine. Can we talk for a minute?" Adam asked. Danny nodded and shut the door. Adam looked Danny up and down, trying to burn the memory into his mind. He wore dark grey sweatpants and a light blue T-shirt. His hair was a mess and his eyes shone like the stars in the sky.

"What's up?" Danny asked, looking down at Adam with concern.

"My dad found out," Adam started, as Danny's face fell. Adam was regretting this. He didn't want to leave Danny.

"Did he do that to your face?" Danny asked, his voice rising. Adam nodded.

"I have to leave," Adam said, looking down at the ground. He wanted to cry. He wanted to grab a hold of Danny's shirt and pull him as close as possible.

"Why? You could stay here. What about graduation?" Danny questioned, taking Adam's hands into his own. Adam looked up into Danny's eyes and allowed a tear to slide down his cheek.

"He'll never let us be happy here. Come with me Danny. We could run! We could be safe," Adam begged. Danny looked at Adam, hoping he'd understand why he couldn't leave.

"Adam...," Danny began. Adam's heart sank. He knew what Danny was going to say. He wasn't going to go with him. "I'm sorry. I can't. I have to graduate. I have to stay with my mom. I can't just up and leave without any warning. I'm sorry."

Adam looked back at the ground and willed the tears to stay in his eyes. "Why can't you just stay here a little longer?" Danny asked, hoping Adam would agree to stay. Suddenly, a black car pulled up to the curb. A guy leaned out the window.

"Did either of you call an Uber?" He asked, looking from Adam to Danny.

"You're really leaving?" Danny asked, his voice cracking.

"I have to," Adam whispered.

"What about us?" Danny asked, hoping Adam would say they could still be together.

"I guess we're over," Adam whispered. Danny took a step back from him and looked at him with so much shock and hurt in his eyes. Adam's heart shattered. Danny was silent for awhile before finally allowing himself to speak.

"Is that really what you want?" he asked, trying to keep his voice from quivering.

"It's what we have to do. I'm leaving today, whether you come with me or not," Adam replied, his voice, though he was trying to be stern, quivered.

"Ok then. I guess I can't force you to stay," Danny replied as a tear fell from his eye.

"Come on! I don't have all day!" the driver snapped. Adam looked into Danny's eyes again, etching the memory into his mind in hopes that he'd never forget it. Danny leaned down and gently touched Adam's lips with his. It was his last attempt to get Adam to stay. Adam waved as he got into the car.

"Goodbye Danny," Adam called. The car pulled away. Danny ran out into the street and watched the car drive away.

Danny let all his tears fly down his face. "Goodbye Adam."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it everyone. After 2 years, I've finally finished the story. Don't worry, there's a part 2. I have to get over my own tears first before I can write the second part. Thank you all for being here for my wild ride. I love you guys. Please vote and share this with your friends. I love you.