Chapter 8

"Rose!" Molly cried as she opened the front door. "How wonderful to see you dear! Do come in we've been expecting you."

"You have?" I said half smiling and half frowning.

"Yes. Well actually it was Fred who was certain you'd turn up. Looks like he was right." She said ushering me through the door.

I laughed and she shut the door behind me. "Through to the dining hall dear." She said and she followed me though.

As I entered the room everybody looked up at me and I smiled awkwardly. "I knew you'd come." Fred exclaimed jumping up to greet me. He gave me a massive hug and I smiled. "Thanks Fred." I said and looked over at the others. I noticed Ron and I said, "You all good now then?"

"Yeah thanks." He said smiling.

"Okay." I said sighing. "I'm sure you all know by now my..position in this situation. I wish I was different but it's not. I'm still on your side. There's no doubt about that. We just have to fight. I'll be there every step of the way." I explained.

"We know Rose. You won't let us down." Hermione said smiling. "Thank you." I replied. "Right!" Molly said breaking the silence. "You all plan ahead am Arthur and I will discuss plans too. We'll all meet at four o'clock to go to Hogwarts."

Later that day, Harry, Hermione and Ron suggested I go with them to get to Hogwarts. We soon found our way to Hogwarts by going through the painting in Aberforth Dumbledore's home. He was Professor Dumbledore's brother.

Once we got through to Hogwarts Harry explained to our old classmates that we needed to find one of the last horcruxes to defeat Voldemort.

Luna suggested the diadem of Ravenclaw and Harry agreed that it would be a smart place to start.

We soon made our way down to the great hall. I was shocked to see all the tables and chairs had gone and we all stood in an orderly fashion as Professor Snape, who was now head teacher, started to lecture us.

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour." Snape said standing at the front of the hall. It has come to my attention, that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade."

People begun to whisper as Harry and I waited in the crowd.

"Now, should anyone, student or staff, tempt to aid Mr. Potter, they will be punished. In a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events or fails to come forward, will be treated, as equally guilty."

I looked at Harry and he smiled trying to hide his anger. I grabbed his hand reassuringly and held it tightly showing him everything was going to be okay.

"Now then," Snape went on, "If anyone here, has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward...Now."

We all stayed quiet and I then felt Harry's hand leave mine suddenly as he stepped out of line.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem, headmaster." Harry said, queuing the rest of us to walk in through the back door. Hermione, Ron, Fred and George. Arthur and Molly, Lupin, Neville, Bill and Fluer and Shacklebolt.

"I'm afraid it's quite extensive." Harry said standing his ground before Snape. "How dare you stand where he stood. Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them, how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you! And killed him. Tell them."

Snape suddenly drew his wand and pointed it at Harry, only to be blocked by Mrs Mcgonagall stepping in for Harry.

I stepped out too, raising my wand and joining the others who also had their wands at the ready. Mrs Mcgonagall started to throw spells at Snape and he blocked them off. However, he soon became cowardly and transformed into a death eater, escaping through the window.

We all cheered as she lit up the candles all around again. I then saw Harry fall to the ground and I also fell after him. I could hear Voldemort again and someone screaming.

He started to speak and I covered my ears begging it to stop. My head was throbbing with pain and I was surprised Harry was now walking around.

"I know many of you would want to fight." Voldemort's snake like voice drained out any sound and I slowly got up leaning against the wall.

"Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter. And I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter. And you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

Just like that he was gone.

My eyes shifted to where Harry was standing and I felt completely sorry for him.

I stood next to Harry in order to support him. Along with Hermione and Ron.

"What are you waiting for! Someone grab him!" Pansy suddenly shouting and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up will you?" I told her and she stepped back in line.

Ginny came and stood in front of Harry, protecting him. Others followed suit forming a barrier around Harry.

Filch suddenly ran in shouting that students where out of bed.

"They are supposed to be in bed you blithering idiot. Now as you're here, take miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house, out of here." Mrs Mcgonagall said to him.

"Where am I taking them exactly?" He asked holding his cat tightly.

"The dungeons would do." She said smiling and we all laughed and started cheering.

I was suddenly grabbed by someone and out of the hall. I looked up to see Draco in front of me and I tried getting away from him but he wouldn't let go. "Draco, what are you doing?" I said in a sing song voice trying to act normal.

"Shh. Just wait." He said quickly letting go of me and pushing me aside out of sight.

"Now," he said looking around, "I just wanted to see you before everything gets serious okay?"

"Draco this is already serious. I-"

I was cut off by Draco's lips landing on mine. He pulled away slowly and I smiled sadly.

"Draco-"

"Rose. Listen. I just want you to know, that whatever happens out there. I'm always on your side. Okay? I love you. I love you so much and I can't thank you enough because you made me realise there's more to this life than labels and popularity. It's you. Us. I'm totally in love with you and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure we both get out of this alive."

"I love you too Draco. And I'm sure you will. I will love you forever. Don't forget that. Whatever happens, I'll always be with you. I love you so much." I said hugging him tightly.

"Okay, now go. I'll see you out there soon." He said letting go of me.

I said goodbye and started to run away. I stopped, turning back and ran back towards him attacking him with a hug. I kissed him one last time before running off again to help.

I ran along the balcony and saw Fred and George standing there.

They noticed me and I said nothing, I just ran to hug Fred tightly, then George.

"See you later boys. You're both amazing." I said before jogging off again.

"Bye Rose, you're awesome/amazing!" They both shouted in sync. Well almost.

I smiled and kept running. I bumped into Luna and she smiled at me. "Luna, good luck out there. You're incredibly smart and I have faith in you. See you later!" I said hugging her before running off again. I kept running, saying goodbye to Seamus, Ginny, Neville, Bill and Fluer.

I ran into Molly and Arthur. "Molly, Arthur! Thank you for everything. You've taken me in like I was your own. I can't thank you enough I'm so grateful! I love you both so much." I hugged Molly tightly then Arthur and said goodbye as I kept running.

I ran down the stairs and was trying to find Harry. I needed his help with something.