Chapter 11

I sat in my room, on the window ledge staring out the window. It was raining and only a month an a half had passed since Dumbledore died. I didn't come out of my room at all, and Draco brought me food but sometimes I wouldn't eat anything.

"Rosaline!" Draco said sitting on my bed in defeat. "What is wrong with you?!" He said almost shouting.

"Just go." I said still watching the rain hit the window.

"Rose." Draco said. I ignored him. "Rose." He said sternly. I still ignored him. "Rose!" He screamed making me jump. I looked at him. "Eat the goddamn food. Now. Or your going to get ill."

"Good." I mumbled.

"What the hell is wrong with you. You are so, I don't know, weird lately. What is the matter? Just tell me for goodness sake." He pleaded. I still sat silent. Draco got up and headed for the door. "Whatever. Stay in here. I don't get you now. You've changed. And not for the better." He moaned opening the door.

"Draco." I said. He turned and shut the door.

"What." He said impatiently.

"I'm not eating anything because I can't. I feel sick of I even think about eating anything. I feel sick of everything. Sick of my father. Sick of everybody I care about dying. My mother, Cedric, Dumbledore. I'm sick of everybody expecting me to fight for the wrong side. I am not going to do it. You can pretend to be a hero and fight for my father, but really, you're just scared so you'd do anything. You're a coward, Draco. This is what he's made you become. I am also sick of you forcing me to do things I don't want to do. I won't eat the stupid food if I don't want to. Stop telling me to do things because I listen to no one. And you're telling me that I've changed? No, you've changed and now you've grown further apart from me and you think it's me. because you never ever take responsibility for your actions. Your Draco Malfoy, daddy will sort it all out for you. Your so innocent and perfect. You're a mummy's boy and nothing ever goes wrong... "I told him feeling angry but I trailed off when I saw Draco's face. He looked hurt.

He took a deep breath. "Shut up. Just- I- Shut up." He said. I let out a sigh and realized I'd gone too far.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Save it Rose." He said still looking I the floor. He wiped his eyes and my eyes widened. He was crying?

"Draco-"

"You know what?" He said looking up at me. His eyes were a little red and puffy. "How can you say that? I know I'm a jerk. To everybody. But you didn't have to make me feel worse. I know I'm a coward. But if I even tried to stick up for myself, I'd just fail. I'd probably get myself killed. You are so, me, me, me. All the time. I care about you. A lot. And you're always pushing me away like I mean nothing to you. Is that what I mean to you? Am I nothing? Because that is how I feel. I feel like you don't love me anymore." He said looking away from me.

"Draco, I-"

"No Rose. Don't. We're through. We were never meant to be. Stay here, or leave. I don't care anymore. We are through." He said. He walked over to the door and slammed it shut behind him.

I began to choke and gasp as I began to cry and I needed air. I opened the window and put my head out letting the rain soak my hair. I stopped and shut the window and pulled out my suitcase. I put all my belongings inside and used an enchantment to reduce the suitcase into a rucksack. I then wiped the tears from my eyes and pulled my hair up into a ponytail.

I took one last look at the room before walking out.

I walked down the corridor past Draco's room. He was sitting there with his head in his hands. He suddenly looked up at me and watched me go past. I made my way down the stairs and Draco's mother and father approached me. "What are you doing?" Narcissa said quickly.

"Leaving." I said.

"What?! You can't leave Rose. We need you." Draco's father said.

"Too bad. You'll have to survive without me." I spat.

I opened the front door and stepped out. Draco appeared at the front door. I turned to face him. "I hope you'll be very happy without me." I said to them all. Draco's parents looked at me confused but Draco scowled at me.

I turned swiftly on my heel and walked down the path away from the dreaded house they call Malfoy Manor.