Chapter 4

***Two Weeks Later***

I was in the car with the Weasley's on my way to the train station whilst reading the daily prophet. Once we were at the train station, platform 9 & 3/4, we all started to go on the train. I was last to get on, but before I did, I went over to Molly and Arthur and gave them both massive hugs. "Thank you both so much for looking after me. I appreciate it a lot." I said to them.
"Oh no, it's our pleasure dear." Molly said, smiling at me.
"You are welcome anytime." Arthur added in. I smiled at them and said goodbye. I then got on the train. I walked past rooms and through carriages to find Harry and the others. Once I got to them, I came in and sat down. "Hi guys!" I sighed. I sat myself down on the seat and we all started talking about our holidays immediately.

About half an hour into the journey, Hermione said,"I hear that we are having a new teacher at Hogwarts. For defense against the dark arts."
"Really? Any ideas who it is?" Harry asked curiously.
"No, I'm not entirely sure."
Ron rolled his eyes and said,"Well, I hope it's worth the change, I mean, last year, that moody was a bloody lunatic wasn't he?" We all burst into laughter and I felt happy we were all together again.

Once we got off the train, we headed towards Hogwarts. We were walking up and then I heard the familiar voice of Draco.
"I'm surprised the ministry's still letting you walk around free Potter. You better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it!" Draco said in Harry's face. Harry launched towards Draco and Ron quickly grabbed him. "What did I tell you?" Draco said to Crabb and Goyle who followed closely behind. "Complete nutter!" He uttered as he walked off.
"Just stay away from me!" Harry cried. I grabbed his arm and rubbed it affectionately.
"Don't worry, Harry. He's not worth it." I said reassuringly. Draco had no right to do that to my best friend. No right at all. After everything he said...

***

Once we got inside Hogwarts, we, as always, went to the Grand hall for our welcome feast. I sat at the slytherin table and Draco wasn't there yet. Hermione caught my eye contact and said,"You see that lady dressed in pink?" I looked over and she looked rather stuck up if you ask me. I nodded. "I'm pretty sure she's the new defense against the dark arts teacher." I rolled my eyes in an annoyed manner. Hermione nodded in agreement and turned back around to face Ron and Harry. More and more people flooded in the great hall and I saw Draco walk in. He had a smirk on his face and he caught my eye. I looked down to pretend I hadn't seen him, but I think he knew I did. He sat right next to me and whispered,"Miss me?" I frowned and looked at him to show I was annoyed. "What?" He said.
"You, it wasn't fair what you said to Harry, Draco" I whispered.
"Sorry, I find it hard to control myself. Okay?" He said edging closer to me. I shook my head and didn't reply to him.

Dumbledore called us all to be silent and started his speech. "Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures, while Professor Hagrid
is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck." Miss Umbridge got up and walked to the front of the podium.
"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends. The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged.
Let us preserve what must be preserved perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." She smiled innocently. I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly. Yes, she is a right stuck up woman, if I'm honest.

Once we started eating, the hall was filled with that familiar chatter of the students. I only just noticed Pansy sitting opposite me. 'Oh, Hallelujah' I thought. She kept bragging about how her holiday was probably far better than anyone elses. Except Draco of course. "And you? Rose? What did you do in the holidays?" She asked smugly. I looked up at her and most eyes were fixed on me.
"Nothing much, you know what any NORMAL person would do on their holidays. Oops, sorry, you don't know how that feels..." I sighed and carried on eating my dinner. She scowled at me and I shrugged my shoulders. I could tell she was annoyed that I said that and before she even started talking to me I sensed she was annoyed Draco was sitting next to me.

After the feast, we all retreated to our common rooms to go to bed.