Chapter 22

"Rose, would you like me to talk to you in private?" Dumbledore asked. I looked back at Harry, Ron and Hermione. They are my best friends. They deserve to know.

"No, it's fine." I said. 

"Okay." Dumbledore walked over to his desk and pulled out a small locket from his drawer. He handed it to me. I opened it and inside was a small picture. A young man and a young woman. Holding a small child. Dumbledore then gave me another picture. A picture of me, as a baby, with my current parents. The child looked the same. "It's true then." I said. 

"I'm afraid so." Dumbledore sighed. "You see, Tom, he was consumed by the thought of immortality, that he would kill any heir who may be a more powerful wizard than him. That night, and I hope you don't mind me saying this Harry," Harry shook his head. "That night, when Voldemort tried to kill Harry, he had left you alone. Left you with your mother. Your mother, she had fallen in love with Tom before he had the idea of never dying. She loved you more than anything in the world. She asked me to take you. Take you away from her and Tom so you could live a happier life than she could ever imagine. So you would be safe." Dumbledore took out a necklace. "This was hers. She wanted me to give it to you when the time was right." He gave me a necklace with a ring attached. The ring had a blue diamond inside. It was beautiful. 

I closed my hand around the necklace. "Do you want to keep the locket as well?" Dumbledore asked.

"No, I'd rather not." I said quietly. My mother cared about me. She loved me. 

"You and Harry are much alike. However, you both have differences as we know." Dumbledore stated. I looked at Harry and smiled. He smiled back and I turned to Dumbledore. "Well, thank you for telling me the truth, sir." I told him.

"My pleasure Rose. If ever you need to talk to me, you know where to find me."

I nodded I agreement. I hugged him. "Thank you sir." I whispered. As I let go he said,"All of you, have a nice holiday. I wish you the best."

"You too sir." We answered. We left his office and Harry helped me put the necklace on. 

"There, beautiful." He said. I blushed a little and Hermione and Ron smiled. 

"Rose, we will stick by you no matter what. After all that's what friends are for." Ron said smirking. 

"Yes, that is true." Hermione answered.

We all walked out happily. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I felt like me again, sort of. I was staying at Ron's and Harry and Hermione were going back home for the holidays.

I had a feeling things would be better next year...