Chapter 9 ~ Truth

I ran past the room of requirement and had Harry on my mind the whole time. I stopped running and turned around. The room of requirement had opened and I went inside. If I needed Harry then this is where Harry must be.

"Harry?" I called walking through the room. There was loads of items and things in the room which told me that he must be looking for the diadem.

"Harry!" I shouted and I heard someone shout back.

"Over here Rose!" Harry stepped out from behind a cabinet and I approached him. "Have you found it?" He turned around holding it and I looked at the diadem thoughtfully. It was beatific. But had been defiled with dark magic. I realised that this is why we needed to win this battle. Because everything he touches, he turns bad.

"How do we destroy it?" I asked. "Well, I-"

"Harry!" We both turned to see Ron and Hermione run towards us. Ron handed Harry the basilisk fang and Harry took it giving Ron a small smile.

He placed the diadem on the floor, knelt down and stabbed the diadem with the fang. It started to glow and I watched it as it was destroyed.

Draco's POV

I walked through the corridors with Blaise and Crabb following me closely behind. We were walking past the room of requirement professor Snape approached me. He signalled for me to follow him and I did as he said, telling Blaise and Crabb I'd catch up with them later.

We got inside a classroom and he shut the door tightly. "Draco I have to tell you something. Rose is not a horcrux. I know this seems like rubbish but you have to listen to me. Rose's mother gave her away to Dumbledore when she was a child. Dumbledore made the conclusion that she was a horcrux but it's simply not true. She's not the horcrux, her mothers necklace is. If you want there to at least have a shot at surviving then you need to tell her. I have something to do. Okay?"

I nodded shocked at what he had told me.

"Wait, how do you know this is true for sure?" I asked.

"If she was a horcrux she'd be getting weaker because of each horcrux which has been destroyed. Instead, she's growing stronger. I also know it's her necklace because the colour has faded greatly since I last saw her wear it and I feel the power within it growing weaker. It's the necklace. 100%."

"Okay Professor. I'll find her as soon as I can." I said before running out of the room.