Chapter 3

The next day, we had potions with Professor Slughorn. We were learning about two different potions. In the middle of his explanation, Harry and Ron walked in awkwardly. I looked over at Lavender, who was blushing furiously at Ron, and rolled my eyes. "Harry, my boy, I've been beginning to worry. You brought someone with us, I see." Slughorn exclaimed.

"Ron Weasley, Sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions. A menace, actually so. I'm probably just gonna-" Ron started but was cut off by Slughorn's interruption.

"Nonsense, we'll sort you out. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out." He ordered. Harry and Ron explained that they hadn't gotten their books yet so Slughorn told them to get a book from the cupboard. Slughorn then carried on.

"Now as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss...?" He nodded at me and I said, "Silver, sir. That one there is Veritaserum." I pointed towards a small cauldron. "It's a truth-telling serum. And that one," I approached the cauldron with the love potion inside. "This is Amortentia. The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them." I stood there looking into the cauldron intently. It drew me in and I could smell Draco's gorgeous scent, the smell of the outdoors in the morning where he lived. Slughorn explained, "Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible, but it does cause powerful infatuation or obsession. And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room."

He put the lid on it and by then three other girls, including Katie Bell, Parkinson and Lavender, were around the cauldron. I snapped out of the trance and backed up slowly.

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one." Katie gestured to a small vile held in a tripod. I got back to my space next to Draco and I felt his eyes on me. As I looked up he smirked and winked at me. I smiled and looked down. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Oh yes. What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion, known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly known referred to as-" Slughorn was cut off by Hermione.
"Liquid luck." She said quickly.
"Yes, Miss Granger, Liquid Luck! Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you'll find that all of your endeavours succeed. At least until the effects wear off. So this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Dead. Recipes for which can be found on page 10 of your books. Issue one doubt, however. Only one set of student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence." We all went to our tables and started to try and brew the potion.

About an hour later everybody could not do this, except for Harry, who was almost finished. He had basically nailed the whole potion. Even Hermione, who was hot and flustered by now, hadn't managed to complete it. Once Harry had finished the potion, Professor Slughorn tested it by placing a feather into the bile. "Merlin's beard! It is perfect! So perfect I'd just say one drop would kill us all!"

He picked up the vile of Liquid Luck. "Here we are then, as promised. One vial of Felix Felicis. Congratulations. Use it well." Harry took the Vile and ad a huge smile on his face. I couldn't help feel happy for him.

After class, Hermione pulled me aside and said something to me in a hushed tone. "Listen, I don't want to believe you've been stupid enough to be on his side. But I'm still your friend, and I know Harry and Ron will come around. Your still our best friend Rose." I smiled slightly.
"Thanks Hermione." She smiled at me and slowly walked off. I headed for our next lesson, defence against the darks arts.

Before I got to class, Draco stopped me in my tracks. He grabbed my hand and led me through the bustling crowd of students. "Draco? Where are we going?" When we finally got out of the crowd, we turned into an empty corridor and Draco stopped in front of a wall. "Draco...?"

"Shhh!" he whispered. I stopped and looked at him as he closed his eyes. I shook my head. "I'm going to class." I said as I turned around. Draco pulled me back and said, "Watch." The room of requirement? "Why Draco we have to get to class, Snape is going to give us a detention." He dragged me into the room which was filled with clutter and random objects. "Snape knows we are here."

Snape?
"Snape..knows? How?" I asked. Draco walked around the ROR and I followed him around.
"Snape told me earlier today, he is also a Death Eater." He said picking up a small stone from the ground.

"He's a Death Eater?! When?" I was shocked. I honestly thought he was juts a stuck up teacher but maybe he's not all what he seems.