Chapter 5

I knocked on Professor Dumbledore's office door.

"Come in." He called. I did as he asked and when he saw me he said,"Rose, just the person I've been wanting to see." He got up and walked over to me.

"Actually, if I may sir, I have been wanting to pay you a visit myself." I confessed as I looked down awkwardly.
"What is it?" He asked.
"Well, I've been having strange dreams lately. About, well I think, about my mother..."
"Oh, I was afraid this would happen." Dumbledore looked around and went towards his bookshelf. As he looked through the books I explained to him what my dream was about. He nodded and took out a book. He placed it on his desk and beckoned me to come over.
"Rose, before I explain to you exactly what I think your dream means I must teach you something that you mustn't tell any other student. Do you understand?" He explained. His face was serious and he looked deep into my eyes for recognition. I nodded and he proceeded.

He flicked to a page in the middle of the book and turned it towards me. "Now you see this?" He pointed to the page. "This is a Horcrux. This would have been a normal object before it was turned into a Horcrux."
"What exactly does it do, Sir?" I asked curiously.
"Well, A Horcrux is an object in which a person has concealed part of their soul. One splits one's soul and hides part of it in an object. By doing so, you are protected, should you be attacked and your body destroyed. That part of your soul which is hidden lives on. In other words, you cannot die. Killing rips the soul apart and it is a violation against nature." I was amazed. This was unlike anything I had heard before.
"And you think my father did this?"
"I know he did this. To kill Voldemort would mean to find all the Horcruxes, and destroy them. Therefore, Voldemort would be no more. Now, back to your dream. You say your mother told you, you was one of them? What is, one of them exactly?" He asked closing the book and putting it back. I hesitated, I couldn't tell him I was a death eater. No way.
"I'm - not entirely sure. That's why I came to you." I lied.

"Ah, well. Rose, if I may be correct, and I hate to say it. However, during the time you were born and a baby, apart of Voldemort's soul, may have latched onto yours. I do not know how, or when, but you are becoming stronger than any other wizard I have known. You may even be able to become stronger than Voldemort himself."

Dumbledore held my shoulders reassuringly. "I think Rose, that you are a Horcrux and as your mother said, in order for peace to flourish...you must die." My eyes started to sting and I couldn't breathe properly. Dumbledore saw this and pulled me in for a hug. He held me tightly as I cried in his arms.

I'm a Horcrux?