Chapter 21

Later that day, everybody gathered in the great hall and Dumbledore made a speech about Cedric. "Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."
I started to cry and Harry put his arm around me. I felt bad. For everything that's gone on.

After the ceremony for Cedric. Everybody gathered in the courtyards to say goodbye to each other. I sat on the wall under an archway and said goodbye as people went past. Some people said sorry. Others looked at me apologetically. Harry came and sat next to me. "Rose, I'm not angry at you. Your still my best friend. You always will be." I looked at him and said,"I'm sorry Harry." I rested my head on his shoulder and he said,"Well, I hope you'll be okay. Are you staying at Ron's? Like always?" I shrugged my shoulders. 
"I don't know. He hasn't told me. I expect my "parents" will know."
Harry nodded. "Dumbledore wants to talk to us four. Before we go home"
"Okay." I replied. 
"I'm going to quickly say goodbye to people. Okay?" Harry got up. I nodded. I looked around and everybody was happy, more or less. Some of the Durmstrang boys parted and I saw Draco saying goodbye to Pansy. He caught my eye and he walked towards me. I was stupid. I should have listened to Draco. For once, he actually tried to help me. 

"Rose?" I stood up as he called my name. 
"I'm sorry" "I'm sorry" We both said at the same time. He smiled slightly. "I'm sorry, Rose. I, I got you in danger at first. Then I tried to fix it. The damage was done. I was such an idiot and-"
"No, it's alright. It's not your fault. You had no choice. I'm just glad your, okay." I interrupted him. He nodded slowly.
"I'm glad that YOUR okay. I really am." Draco was sorry. I could see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice. "Rose, even if we never talk again. I want you to know that I'll never love anyone as much as I love you. I feel changed by who you are and what you mean to me." 
"Draco, I'll miss you. And I'll be right here waiting for you next year. I think I need you...a lot more than you think." I said, afraid I had made the wrong choice by saying that. 
"I'm glad you feel that way. Because I think I feel the same way." Draco took my hands and said,"I will always love you. Write to me, promise?"
I nodded. "I will Draco" 
He pulled me in for a hug. I made the most of this. I realized, I AM going to miss him. He pulled away and smiled. I smiled politely back at him. he slowly walked away. Our hands slowly separating. 

And he was gone.