Chapter 8

Later that day, Harry and I were in the astronomy tower. We stood out on the balcony and I felt upset. Upset because I know in the long run of things, if Harry really will defeat Voldemort, then I'm going to have to die.

"Rose?" Harry turned and looked at me. "Yes Harry?"
"Is there something you want to tell me?"
"Is there something I want to tell you." Harry nodded. Should I tell him? Should I tell him? Should I tell him? I looked out across the water and sighed.

"Harry, I need you to promise not to tell anyone else?"
Harry nodded and said,"Go on, I promise."
"Well, when Dumbledore called me to his office he, well," I stopped and looked round at Harry. "He said that I'm a-" I stopped again. Harry moved closer to me and rubbed my shoulder. "Don't worry. It's going to be okay." I shook my head and fought back tears. Harry rested his head on my shoulder. "Harry, I'm a, a Horcrux. I'm sorry." Tears rolled down my cheek and Harry turned me around and pulled me into a hug. "Rose, it's okay. You'll, you'll be alright..." Harry didn't sound so sure. But I was too upset. I cried into his shoulder and looked out across the sea.

Later that day, back in the common room, I sat by the table and read a book on Herbology. Draco came in and and walked past me, but he turned around and said,"Rose, what's-" I cut him off. "Go away Draco." He raised his eyebrows at me. "Excuse me?"
"You heard me, get lost. I'm not in the mood."
"What exactly is the matter?"
"Nothing." Draco came and sat on the chair next to me. He leant close to me and said in a hushed tone,"You know tonight, it's time. You can't be like this. You have to accept it and be ready."

"I am not doing as he asks." I protested as I whispered back to him. He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the common room. Once we were in the corridors downstairs, he said,"Do you want to die?" I haven't got much choice. "Draco, I don't care. I am not killing Dumbledore."
"Rose! You are not going to die. You-" I stopped him.

"Wait, didn't I recall him saying only you shall die? So I'm fine here. I'm not doing it!" I looked out one of the windows. "Rose, I-. Fine. I'll do it without you." Draco headed off to do what he needed to do and I sat by the window.

This is it. I'm going to have to die. For my friends. For who I am meant to be. It's the choice I have chosen. And when the time comes, I will do it. I will die.

There's no other way...