Chapter 14

Once I and Draco had arrived at Hogsmeade, Harry, Hermione and Ron were not there yet. However, I could see Ginny, Fred and George were waiting outside Hogs head in the distance. Uh oh. I stopped down the path and Draco halted backward. "What is it?" He asked.
"Ginny, Fred and George. They can't see you." He looked down at them.
"What those gingers?" He scoffed.
"Hey, don't be horrible! Remember what I said." I pleaded.
"Ahh, sorry. It just came out. You know, it's all new to me. This being nice." He stated miserably.
"Yeahh, but look what you get in return." I joked as I kissed him. He smirked and said,"That's true. I like my reward much better."
"Everything is going to be fine, Harry." I heard Hermione talk to Harry. I pushed Draco away from me and looked round. The were heading this way.

"Quick, make it look as though you were annoying me." I said quickly.
"What? Why I-" Draco started.
"Just do it, Hermione is coming!" I whispered. Draco stood upright and smirked at me.
As Harry, Hermione and Ron approached, Draco started to be "annoying". "Where do you think your going, Silvers?" He scoffed.
"Like that's any of your business." I replied, frowning at him.
"Leave her alone, Malfoy." Harry called as they reached me.
"Ooh, got yourself a girlfriend, Potter?" Draco mocked. Jeez, he can be so mean sometimes, even when it's not for real.
Harry ignored him and pulled my arm. "Come on let's go." He said. I looked back to see Draco barge Hermione out of the way.
"Out of my way, mudblood." He glared at her. I shouted back,"Shut up, Malfoy." I turned around and Draco winked at me. Luckily they didn't see as they had their backs turned.

Once everybody had arrived in Hogs head we started. Ron, Harry, Hermione and I sat on our own, while the others gathered in front of us.
"Hi. So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts." Hermione began.
"Why?" A boy asked, curiously.
"Because you-know-who's back you toss pot." Ron said.
"So he says." The boy jerked his head towards Harry.
"So Dumbledore says." I told him.
"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?" He asked, looking annoyed and thinking he knew it all.

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed?" Another boy asked. I glared at him and he got the message and slumped into his seat.
"Look, I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now." Harry told them. He then whispered to Hermione. "Come on, Hermione. They're here because they think I'm some sort of freak." Hermione shook her head. "Your not a freak Harry." I whispered to him.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna asked, her eyes lit up at the thought.
"Yes. I've seen it." Hermione said quickly.
"Blimey Harry. I didn't know you could do all that." One of the boys blurted out.
"And he killed a basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office." Neville announced.
"It's true." Ginny said, quietly.
"Third year, he fought off about a hundred Dementors at once." Ron exclaimed.
"And last year, he really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh." Hermione said, looking around at everyone.
Harry looked disappointed. "Wait. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help."
"He's just being modest." I said, reassuringly.
"No, Rose. I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there, when you're a second away from being murdered, or watching a friend die, right before your eyes. You don't know what that's like."

"Yes, Harry. You're right. That's why we need your help. If we are going to have any chance of beating...Voldemort..." Hermione said slowly.
"He's really back?" Nigel asked.
We all nodded. After a few seconds, Fred and George came up and signed their names on the parchment. Everybody else followed and signed up.