Chapter 7

I made my way down to my first lesson of the day, Defence Against The Dark Arts with Professor Umbridge. Great. I knew she was going to be annoying. I looked at my watch and realised I was going to be late. I quickly ran towards the class but Ms Mcgonagall stopped me. "Miss Silvers, no running in the corridors!"
"I'm sorry Professor." I slowly walked looking back and once she was gone I picked up the speed.

Once I got to my class everybody was in and so was Draco. Wait. How'd he get there?
"Miss Silvers, late I see! You shall be having detention with me during lunch!"
"I'm sorry Professor. I had to, Professor Mcgonagall-"
"Up-bup-bup, no excuses you may sit next to Mr. Malfoy." She blazed a huge smile at me and I sat down in a huff. Not only did I have detention, but I had to sit next to this git all year. "Is there a problem? Miss Silvers?" Professor Umbridge walked over and stood infront of me, trying to look as innocent as ever. "Yes, may I move please?"
"No, you can stay there Miss Silvers." She said as she turned and walked to the board. Harry looked at me and smiled softly. I rolled my eyes and pretended to listen to her blabber on and on.

"We're not gonna use magic?" I heard Ron say. I looked up at Umbridge.
"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk free way." She said smugly.
"Well, what's the point in that? If we are attacked it won't be risk free." I argued.
"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class" she snapped at me. I sighed and sat back into my chair. "It is the view of the ministry, that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examinations, which after all, is what school is all about." She looked around the room with that same smug look on her face.
"And how's theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?" Harry asked interrupting her.

"There is nothing out there dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?" She asked Harry.
"Oh, I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort!" Harry said looking rather annoyed. The class looked round at Harry and the room fell silent.
"Let me make this quite plain." Umbridge started. "You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again." She walked over to Harry. "This. Is. A. Lie." She stated.
"It's not a lie! I saw him. I fought him." Harry protested.

"Detention! Mr Potter!" She walked back to the front of the class.
"So Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord?" He asked. Suddenly all eyes were on me apart from Harry and Umbridge but I could feel their eyes piercing my soul. I looked up and immediately caught Draco's eye. He was scowling at me and I looked down again trying to forget. I missed him so much and I wished he was here now.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident" Umbridge told Harry. I could feel myself with a great ball of anger and I was sick of all these arguments. My stomach twisted and my heart felt like it has wrenched out of my chest. I was getting hot and I couldn't take it anymore.
"It was murder! Voldemort killed him!" Harry shouted.
"Shut up! Just shut up!" I shouted at them both, not really quite sure what I was doing. "Just stop talking about him!" I shouted as I started to feel myself welling up. Everybody turned to me and Umbridge walled over to me furious at me.

"Get up! Get up! Into my office now!" She yanked me up by the arm and I quickly went up to her office.