Writing Prompts 20

Lonslie was an artist. She excelled in all mediums of art: charcoal, pencil, paint, ink, sharpie, pastel, clay, and so on. You name it and she could make beautiful art out of it. And her name was one that could be easily remembered, seeing as how strange it was, which meant it was a good artist name.

     One day Lonslie meets a man. He tells her he can make her famous. Instead, he locks her away and makes her create art for him. She is kept there for several years. Eventually her art is as dark and depressed as her situation.

     A few weeks after Lonslie attempts to take her own life, the man is forced to take her to a hospital. Instantly, Lonslie is recognized. Her aunt, a nurse working in the hospital, realizes it was her missing niece.

     Long story short, the man is sentenced to two lifetimes in jail. Lonslie goes back to her home. She has a hard time adjusting. She doesn't speak much. She just paints. The only reason she ever kept creating art was to escape. It still is her escape.

     Five months later, after next to no words, her parents make her go to a Christian support group every Tuesday. Her paintings begin to become brighter and brighter. She makes friends. She becomes happier. Her life is finally mending itself. Or is that and outside force: maybe the one the Christian pray to? Lonslie isn't sure yet, but she is going to find out. After all, it seems like God is really revealing himself to her.

     The question is: will Lonslie officially decide to give her heart to God? And if she does, is she going to share it with others? Will she tell about her experience, and use her art, and even be able to forgive the man that made her life a living hell? She can do it, but she has to have this God that the Christians pray to, help her.

     Take it from here :).

Thanks for reading!

Payton Janae :).