Writing Prompt 142

The embers burned flames of caramel colored liquid gold. They looked soft enough to touch, breathy enough to caress. But no, they were dangerous blades under the pretense of comforting.

     You felt you could tell all your secrets, hide them, confide them. Whisper them to the air and they'd melt away in the flames. Gone. Gone. Gone.

     But no, they'd always stay, haunting your mind, cussing your tears, burning you up. But water puts fire out, right? Isn't that good?

     No. Water drowns. Tranquil on the surface. Calm to the eyes. Raging storms. Dangerous and beautiful. Drown you, pull you down. Hide dangerous things in their depth. Put out the fire. No more burn, only drown.

     Water. The color of tears .

     Fire. The color of anger.

     So beautiful, so dangerous.

     Always so different.

     Never together, always against.

     Cam yourself, you're still here. The earth beneath you're feet. The rain falling overhead. A fire in the hearth.

     Sometimes things come in doses and they do you good.

     Cozy. You'll survive. Not everything ends badly.

     Elements exist in harmony. You'll be fine.

     Doses. Take them slowly.

Take it from here!

Thanks for reading :). I know it's strange as always, but there it is. Happy Memorial Day! (A day late). Let's thank our veterans.

Payton Janae :).