Writing Prompt 139

We danced like two shadows across fields of full winds and puddles so deep. Despair was in our hearts that day. The devil nipped at our heels as we tugged at each other. I held your hand and you held mine and we walked away from the darkness.

Whispers of sunlight dripped through the trees. Fish flipped their fins with happiness, gurgling with delight at the view of high flying birds. They felt safe. We felt safe. Our hands intertwined like the cords of a broken violin.

     But maybe the brokenness should've been the first sign. We thought we were stronger, but we weren't. We thought we could produce beautiful music, but it was impossible. We were broken.

Dull grayness smudged in the vision of our outermost view. Our peripheral was becoming dark. We could hear the howling laughter again. Our grip began to slip. The sunlight ahead of us brightened. I tried to clasp your hand. You turned to me and looked. Your hand slid away from mine. As soon as you let go I knew it was too late. The devil caught me then. He chuckled in my ear as he tore at my ankles, slowly draining my happiness. Ripping me to shreds as if he were my very emotions.

And I watched you walk away, into the brightness, without me, with a grim look on your face. You were determined to let me go. This meant I was going to have to get out of this myself. And the devil certainly wasn't going to help me with that.

Take it from here!

Idek what that was. Lo siento. Thanks for reading. Adios :)

Payton Janae :).